Janice Figure Bumped from Wave Four?

MaxGoof

Reaction score
WOOOOOO-HOOOOOO-HOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO! RIZZO THREE MONTHS EARLY!!! :big_grin:

Sorry Janice, I hardly knew ye, but you're just not a series-seller like Rizzo is! :stick_out_tongue:

Seriously, though, Rizzo is one of the main, heavy-hitter most popular Muppets. Janice and Sam in assortment 4 has "shelf-warmer" all over it. Both are quasi-popular, but all of the SUPER-popular characters like Koozebane Kermit, Rizzo, and Gonzo were in Wave 5, which was severely overpowered.

Adding Rizzo to the mix in Wave 4 is going to sell a LOT of sets from places that just sell the sets, whereas a set with 2 semi-popular people and 2 relative unknowns wouldn't have been the best.

VIVE LA PALISADES!!!

[BTW: When did Ken say that Janice was bumped in favor of Rizzo? What thread was that on? Did I miss it?]

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Seriously, though, Rizzo is one of the main, heavy-hitter most popular Muppets. Janice and Sam in assortment 4 has "shelf-warmer" all over it. Both are quasi-popular, but all of the SUPER-popular characters like Koozebane Kermit, Rizzo, and Gonzo were in Wave 5, which was severely overpowered<<<

I would definately agree, in the last few years Rizzo has been
pushed as one of the main 5 or 7 core group of charcters.

But...that said, his inclusion as one of the big boys, like Pepe, has only been in the last few years....soooo...is this perhaps a bit of history revisionism? People said that Pepe shouldnt be in any waves before 7, however the Pepe nascar model and car packaging shows 25th Annv TMS logos...Fozzie has a MFS variant, and modern 'late 90's to now popular Rizzo'(not hardly seen background Rizzo) is being bumped up to wave 4.
so seeing as the argument of straight TMS purists is null,
it will be interesting to see how th eother post 4 waves shape up. And sorry, I seriosuly think Pepe should be moved up to wave 6 as Ken originally proposed...maybe even 5.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by MaxGoof
Sorry Janice, I hardly knew ye, but you're just not a series-seller... Janice and Sam in assortment 4 has "shelf-warmer" all over it.
Umm...I doubt that. People have been tellin' me that if she's pushed back, it's only to make her that much better, cause they know how big she will sell.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Umm...I doubt that. People have been tellin' me that if she's pushed back, it's only to make her that much better, cause they know how big she will sell<<<

Hmmm, I never thought about the fact she could be being held back by a wave to perfect the sculpt. IT would suck to have a mutant janice on our hands, heh. I think its safe to say Rizzo is a much easier sclpt. well byron, if it helps this could mean a more accurate/better looking janice.

Though I must say, at the rate these waves are being scheduled,
we might not see wave 4 til the time Star Wars Episode 3 and the playstation 3 come out.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's my opinion for what it's worth. If Janice's figure is being held back a wave, like Rowlf's, to perfect the sculpt, then I could be inclined to accept her being bumped back down a wave or two. I do agree that Janice should've been released in Series 4. We could've had an Electric Mayhem member in every series as far as possible: (S1) Dr. Teeth, (S2) Floyd, (S2 Playset) Animal, (S3) Zoot, and then (S4) Janice, and possibly (S5) Lips. I agree that it would've been better to bump back Sam the Eagle and replace him with Rizzo. All we can do is hope that Ken explains his position and hope for the best. Besides, we know that we'll get Janice next year either in Series 4 or 5. Now, all we need is the series where regular Rowlf will appear. In the meantime, Janice & Mokey's Man, I suggest you just relax with a big helping bowl of Bizzo's Bat Chow.

The Count.

Luke

Reaction score
But Janice hasn't even been sculpted yet has she ? I guess they are only just beginning that seeing as we saw the first glimpse of Rowlf only about a month ago. I think it's more she is being put back because Henson have wanted Rizzo to be a main character in the line and encouraged Palisades to do it. Moving Sam back wouldn't make as bigger impact as Janice - keeping her back means people are waiting to complete their Electric Mayhem collection so they will be anticipating it more and stay into the line.

MaxGoof

Reaction score
Sorry Janice, I hardly knew ye, but you're just not a series-seller... Janice and Sam in assortment 4 has "shelf-warmer" all over it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ahhh... I see I haven't lost my tactful ways. :big_grin:

Now then, re-stating that: a series where the BIG STARS are Sam the Eagle and Janice has "shelf-warmer" written on it. A *LARGE* percentage of the collectors buying this line are buying sets off the Internet from toy dealers. Casual fans are going to see a set with two characters that are familiar, yet not big stars, and two greatly obscure characters, and say "Pass". Whereas they're going to see Series 5 with two MAJOR ALL-STAR characters, and say--"COWABUNGA! GIMME!" So why not spread the love around? Rizzo is guaranteed to sell sets of Wave 4, and the regular Gonzo is guaranteed to sell sets of Wave 5. Because Gonzo is the second version of him released, he may not be quite as popular... so what better way to ASSURE sets are gonna fly off the shelves than to include the last and 3rd most popular member of the Electric Mayhem?

I know some people are disappointed they need to wait a bit longer for Janice, but we need STAR-POWER to assure sets sold to assure the line continues. And besides, in a knock-down, drag-out street fighter, Rizzo would take Janice down every single time! :big_grin:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
...would take Janice down every single time! :big_grin:
I don't know about that...don't count your Muppets before they're sculpted.

I've warned you.

:wink:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Byron

You even cut Rizzo's name out of the quote. You are a tricky one.