Jack paar passes

Drtooth

Reaction score
I didn't hear about this until this weekend. Sometime last week Jack Paar died, and it hasn't been mentioned much.

Since Jack was one of the first people to have the Muppets on his show (allong with the Today show) I thought it would be apporpriate to mention here.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Jay Leno gave a tribute to him the night it was announced. It was really nice. :halo:
Erin

Beebers

Reaction score
Steve Allen and Jack Paar were the fathers of the talk show, Allen being sillier than Paar.

Larry King Live ran an excellent hour honoring Paar last week. A good part of that hour was about the difference between then and now in talk shows, which is that now they're driven by promotional need. You've got a movie, a song, a series, you're there. In Paar's day stars weren't seen everywhere as they are now. It was a big deal to tune in and see stars just chatting on t.v. Paar was interested in conversation, not promotion. His guests didn't necessarily have anything special going on workwise when they came on. If offered a show in today's format he wouldn't have taken it. The idea of promotion-as-conversation bothered him.

Jack Paar had what we are so sorely lacking in much of the entertainment field these days - talent and class.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Rest in Peace Jack Paar

Was too young to watch you Mr.Paar,only got to see how humane and beautiful your heart is on the special I saw of yours.Rest in Peace & God Bless. :cry: