Jack and the Beanstalk airs July 14-15

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On Sunday, July 14 and Monday July 15 at 9:00 pm Eastern, the Hallmark Channel will be re-airing the miniseries Jack & the Beanstalk. Starring Matthew Modine, Vanessa Redgrave, Mia Sara, Daryl Hannah, Jon Voight & Richard Attenborough.

If you didn't see this miniseries last December, check it out and let us know what you think.

http://www.hallmarkchannelus.com

EmmyMik

Reaction score
*Ahem*

You forgot to mention that Bill Barretta was the giant. Perhaps the most important role in the tale of Jack & The Beanstalk...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder part two of Jim Henson's Jack and the Beanstalk will be airing tonight on the Hallmark Channel at 8 pm central/9 pm eastern.

Let us know your thoughts on the mini-series.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
PLEASE clear something up for me. When I watched the end credits for the miniseries yesterday, it showed the "Jim Henson Company" logo first and the "Hallmark Entertainment" logo second. Now whose show is this, HALLMARK's or HENSON's? It is "Jim Henson's Jack and the Beanstalk: The Real Story" so I'd imagine this was a Henson show, not a Hallmark production in association with Henson.

When the show aired on CBS, the credits were not shown here. So is this (like everything else) a Hallmark miniseries in which Henson was involved in, or was it a Jim Henson Television production in which Hallmark might've been involved in?

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
BTW, "Jack and the Beanstalk" came on earlier this afternoon from 2pm/1c-6pm/5c. I must say it is a pretty enjoyable show, nice to see Henson can still make a good fantasy program.

And I believe it the miniseries will also re-air Thursday and Friday at 9pm/8c. I think those are the dates.

Also, "Jack" has been nominated for 3 Emmys, 2 for makeup and 1 for music. Yay...

That's all I got. Still wondering who the show belongs to though.

Luke

Reaction score
I think it was a co-production through and through but i could be wrong.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Funny how no one even mentioned Hallmark during that time, even though the show was Hallmark-ish (what a word).