I've Been Thinking...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That's toobad Mr. Hot topic.

Bonzi, Shenzi, and Ed are such distinct and spicific characters that I think I would have gotten them. Well Bonzi and Ed anyway. But especially Ed with that laugh of his.:zany:

Skye

Reaction score
Well Bonzi and Ed anyway. But especially Ed with that laugh of his.:zany:
I love Ed!! He's so cute, hehe! :big_grin:

I'm sorry to hear that Kathy doesn't get the kind of respect that you wish she did, Snowthy! That is really too bad. Ok, here's a question (I don't remember seeing you talk about this)... had she done any other improv work before Who's Line? Because if not, that's a pretty sad first experience with it, not getting the kind of time that she probably would've loved. Since you said you think that might be why she doesn't do it anymore, I was just curious.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well Skye, Kathy's first professional job in entertainment was with THE Second City improv group in Toronto (where she also met her good friends Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles), it was a goal of her's when she was a child to be a part of Second City, and she was with them for five years, and even won two awards for a couple of shows she co-wrote and performed in. After that, she and two friends of her developed sort of a spin-off of Second City called Not to Be Repeated (which was later adapted into a short-lived sitcom on Canadian TV and renamed This Sitcom is... Not to Be Repeated) in which the three would take a line that the audience suggested, and use that as an episode title, then completely improvise an entire show on the spot. After that she's done a few other small improv gigs through-out Canada, and in fact in 2000 she was the very first to win the Canadian Comedy Award for Best Female Improviser (while that same year Colin Mochrie won for Best Male Improviser)!

So she's had quite an impressive background in improv prior to Whose Line?, and she's said that improv was always her greatest passion... but it's like once she did Whose Line? I haven't seen or heard of her doing any form of improv after that. Good thing is at least years later in an interview in Canada she dissed the Whose Line? producers. There's even a history behind how she got on the show in the first place, but I believe I've explained that before, and This Snowthy is Not to Be Repeated!

Skye

Reaction score
Thank you for that, Snowthy! This Sitcom is... Not to Be Repeated really sounds like it was awesome, and a lot of fun! What a totally cool idea for a show. But she really has had a lot of experience with improv, I see. Since she enjoys it so much, I hope that a time comes when she'll decide to go back into it again! :smile: I'll bet you'd love that, too! :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm always happy to hear she's up to something new... the problem is MOST of her work is only broadcasted in Canada, so I hardly get to see any of that work, and that's the work I'm interested in seeing the most, since I've managed to see SOME of her Canadian work via the internet and it can't compare to her work on Whose Line?.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nice to see one of my favorite episodes with Kathy will be on tonight! *Sigh* it's nice to see reruns with her again after a long period of almost always Brad Sherwood eps.:rolleyes:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Man, the other day I honestly watched Whose Line clips for about 5 hours on YouTube. You are finally getting me hooked, Snowthers. **sigh**

I actually didn't know that she was on This Sitcom is ... Not to Be Repeated. I used to watch that ages ago. Sometimes it was a little hard to follow but it was actually kind of cool. They would pull slips of paper from their pocket and read it out, or change what they were doing based on what it said, so it was pretty entertaining.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Man, the other day I honestly watched Whose Line clips for about 5 hours on YouTube. You are finally getting me hooked, Snowthers. **sigh**
:embarrassed: I'm honestly not sure if that's a good thing, or a bad thing... I'm honestly not sure since I'm a reformed Whoser.
Peppi said:
I actually didn't know that she was on This Sitcom is ... Not to Be Repeated. I used to watch that ages ago. Sometimes it was a little hard to follow but it was actually kind of cool. They would pull slips of paper from their pocket and read it out, or change what they were doing based on what it said, so it was pretty entertaining.
Oh yeah, Not to Be Repeated is one of Kathy's "pride and joy"s.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
What do you mean, reformed? You don't like it anymore? **in shock**

RAWR!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well as I've said many times before, I ONLY watch for Kathy anymore... OCASSIONALLY I might watch for Chip Esten or Jeff Davis, but being a Whoser has brought me nothing but trouble... I've made a lot of enemies in the Whoser community due to my love for Kathy (because apparently Kathy's supposed to be the worst cast member on the show) and my being a Christian (because apparently you have to be an atheist to be a Whoser). Doesn't sound like a fun experience does it? That's mostly why Whose Line? minus Kathy has seem to have lost it's appeal to me.

But if you're getting into it Peppi, then I hope you will enjoy it and have less trouble in the Whoser community than I have.