It's Time To Get Things Started

Animal'sBunny

Reaction score
Well, I'm back with my second fan-fic! It's longer than the last one and I think it's pretty good! I'm open to any suggestions and comments. Enjoy. :smile:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intro
The directors of a famous theater sat at a long conference table. Everyone was extremely serious. The star of Othello had just been murdered by a group of angry (and quite possibly mentally deranged) critics.
Of course the theater had been closed and all future musicals and plays cancelled.
"So, Mr. Parker said. "What do we do now? Should we keep the theater? Destroy it? Leave it here to rot for ever and ever and be vandalized by angry teenagers?"
"NO!" Mr. James, a nervous man, cried. "I don't think Uncle Deadly would appreciate that very much! He'll come back to haunt us! YOU KNOW HE WOULD!"
"Well, obviously we can't keep it," Mr. Potter replied. "Him being the star of most of the plays here. I suppose... the-the best thing to do would be to sell it."
"Sell it?" Mr. James asked. "Who would buy it?"
"I'd buy it," said a gruff voice from the shadows.
"Are-are you sure, Mr. Grosse?" Mr. Parker asked.
"What would you do with it?" Mr. Potter demanded.
"Oh I've got something in mind."

Animal'sBunny

Reaction score
OK, I'm back with more of the story!
---------------------------------------------
Chapter One
"Why are there so many songs about rainbows and what's on the other side? Rainbows are visions but only illusions and rainbows have nothing to hide. So we've been told and some choose to believe it. I know they're-" Kermit the Frog broke off. He was sitting alone in his swamp, playing his banjo, like a typical Saturday. What wasn't so typical was the short, rather large man in a business suit wading towards him.
"Kermit, I bet you don't remember me," he said, sitting down on a stump.
"J.P. Grosse!" Kermit said in surprise. "Of course-of course I remember you!"
"Good. Now, I have a business deal for you. You can take it or leave it. Although, between you and me, if you leave it I'm gonna have to bulldoze this swamp."
Kermit scrunched up his face. "Whatever you say, sir."
"All right. You know the old theater?"
"Y-yes, sir."
"Well, I bought it."
"Good for you."
"Yes, it was a good business move. I'm planning on starting a show of a bunch of crazy Muppets singing and dancing a preforming skits. And I want you to run it."
"I'm touched that when you think of crazy Muppets I'm the first person who comes to mind."
"Watch it Frog! You'd better take it or I bulldoze the swamp!"
"Are you threatening me?"
"Are you the swamp?"
"Um... no?"
"Then I'm not threatening you. So?"
"I guess I have no choice. I'll take it," Kermit replied.
"Wonderful. Now find some acts, would you? We start in a month."
"A month?"
"You catch on fast."
J.P. Grosse walked away, leaving Kermit and his swamp alone.
Kermit picked up his banjo.
"I know they're wrong wait and see. Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection. The lovers, the dreamers and me..."
He stopped playing. Who should I hire, he thought.
"That's it!" he cried. There was a comedian at a club in the city, Fonzie or something. "I'll hire him!"
Kermit left his swamp and walked to the highway where he hailed a taxi heading for the city.
:smile:
The club was small and not too many people where there. Kermit walked in. Fozzie Bear was telling jokes.​
"So. What do a kangaroo and a zucchini have in common? They both can't ride a bike! Wocka, wocka!"​
No one laughed.​
"Oh come on! It's funny!" Fozzie yelled. "The crowds here are terrible!"​
"Um... hello?" Kermit said.​
"Yes?"​
"I'm Kermit the Frog and I have a business deal for you."​
"Oooooh a business deal!"​
"Would you like to be a stand up comedian for the Muppet Show?"​
"Id much rather sit down, but all right. Wocka, wocka! Wait- what's the Muppet Show?"​
"It's new. It'll be on TV."​
"I'm in!"​
"Great! Do you know of any other acts I could use on the show?"​
"Oh yes! There's a band called Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem! They're great! Oh yeah... Could you give them a letter for me?"​
"Sure."​
Fozzie shoved a large letter A into Kermit's hand.​
"Great! I'll see you at the show!" With that he walked away leaving Kermit alone with the letter A.​

Animal'sBunny

Reaction score
Chapter Two
The members of the Electric Mayhem were chilling on their tour bus.
Zoot and Janice were sitting on the couch with their arms wrapped around each other.
Dr. Teeth was playing his keyboard, trying out the new song he'd written.
Meanwhile, Animal, who was chained to a wall, was eating the old TV Floyd had saved from the neighbors trash.
"That's all there is so eat it slowly!" Sgt. Floyd Pepper reminded him.
"SLOWLY! SLOWLY! FOOD! FOOD!" Animal cried wildly, devouring the TV. Then he looked up at Floyd. "Thank you, Floyd."
Suddenly there was a knock on the door.
"Coming!" Dr. Teeth called. He opened the door. It was Kermit.
"Hi-ho, I'm Kermit the Frog."
"Hey, dude, come in," Dr. Teeth said. "I'm Dr. Teeth and this is the Electric Mayhem. Zoot, Janice, Floyd Pepper and-"
"ANIMAL! ANIMAL!"
"Yes, that's Animal," Dr. Teeth said. "So, what's up, Kermit?"
"Well, you know the old theater?" Kermit asked.
"Fer sure," Janice replied. "We had, like, a couple gigs there."
"Well, it was sold to J.P. Grosse and he wants to start a show there. I'd like you to be the home band."
"Absitivley, posolutely!" Dr. Teeth said. "How long has it been since our last gig?"
"Three months, seventeen days and six hours," Zoot replied.
"You got yourself a band, my main frog," Floyd added.
"BAND! BAND! BEAT DRUMS! BEAT DRUMS! EAT DRUMS!"
"NO!" Floyd said sharply. "Beat drums. No eating drums!"
"Beat no eat!"
"Would you like us to audition?" Dr. Teeth asked.
"Sure," Kermit replied.
"OK, band. Let's show him the new song. We haven't got any lyrics worked out yet," he added to Kermit.
The grabbed their instruments and began playing a very catchy song *yes, it's the Muppet Show theme*.
"That was great!" Kermit said when they'd finished. "Oh, yeah. Um, Fozzie Bear wanted me to give you a letter." He handed Janice the letter A.
"Like, thanks. We haven't seen Fozzie in like, ages!"
"Well, I'll see you around," Kermit said stepping out of the bus. "Hey, do you know of any other Muppets who might be interested?"
"There's, like, a singing dancing pig nearby," Janice replied. "I've got her address if you, like, want it."
"Great! Thanks," Kermit said as Janice handed him a piece of paper.
Twenty minutes later, Kermit was inside a large, brick apartment building. He walked over to the front desk.
"Hello, I'm here to see Miss Piggy," he said.
"Ah, oui," the man at the desk said. "Mademoiselle Piggy is one of our favourite residents! She's in room 12b!" He lowered his voice and leant down to Kermit's level. "Whatever you do, don't touch her chocolates!" He straightened up and said in his normal voice, "Have a nice day!"
Kermit wandered along to room 12b. He knocked on the door.
"Who is it?" came a sing-song voice from the other side of the door.
"It's Kermit the Frog. I'm here to see Miss Piggy with a job offer!"
"What?" came a shocked voice. The door opened and Miss Piggy came out in a white silk dress and a blue wrap, with her hair loose around her shoulders.
"Hello," Kermit said.
"Bonjour," Miss Piggy replied flirtatiously. "Welcome to my happy home! Now," she said, trading the sing-song voice for one that meant business. "You said something about a job offer?"
"Oh, yes, you see we're starting a show at the old theater. It'll be on TV, with a live audience and I was wondering if you'd like to be in it."
"Oh really? Oh Kermie, that would be wonderful!"
"Kermit."
"Whatever. Here is my resumée!"
"Oh, thanks."
She handed him and eighteen page laminated booklet.
"Good grief!"
"Yes vous will notice that the special skills category is rather long."
Kermit read the resumée as fast as possible.
"Well, this looks great! You know, I was a little concerned about coming here. Janice told me you were just a singing dancing pig!" he laughed.
"Janice of the Electric Mayhem, Janice?" Miss Piggy asked.
"Yes."
"She said I was 'just a singing dancing pig?"
"Um... maybe?"
"WELL YOU CAN TELL JANICE SHE'S JUST AN OVERRATED GUITAR PLAYING VALLEY GIRL WHO LOOKS LIKE MICK JAGGER!"
"Oh... all-all right," Kermit said, edging his way toward the door.
"Oh, and flipper face."
"Y-yes?"
"Was Floyd Pepper there?"
"Uh-huh."
"Give him this for me!" She karate chopped Kermit so hard he went flying across the hall. "Oh, and Kermie?"
"What?"
"See you at the show!" she called happily, then shut the door.
"Sheesh."

Animal'sBunny

Reaction score
*I really cannot write Mock-Swedish at all, so that's why the Swedish Chef doesn't really have any lines :sigh:*
Chapter Three
Kermit went to the newspaper office to place an add in the paper, then returned to his swamp, exhausted.
:smile:
The next morning, Kermit's add appeared in the paper. Around ten he got a phone call from his old friend Jim.
"Hey Kermit!" Jim said. "I saw your add in the paper! I know someone who'd be perfect for you! His name's Rowlf and he plays piano."
"Oh, thanks Jim!"
They talked for a bit then hung up.
After lunch, Kermit headed off to Rowlf's. Rowlf lived in a little cottage in the country, a short bus ride from Kermit's swamp.
Kermit knocked on his door.
"Coming!" Rowlf answered the door in a pink flower apron. "Oh, you must be Kermit! Jim told me you might be stopping by! Come on in. I hope you don't mind that I have company. Kermit, this is my friend the Swedish Chef. He's from Sweden. He's been teaching me some new cooking techniques!"
"Nice to meet you too," Kermit said. The Swedish Chef waved to Kermit and said something in Mock-Swedish.
"So, Rowlf, would you like to audition for the Muppet Show?"
"Of course!" Rowlf ran to the piano. "I will sing a classic song called 'You and I and George.'"
"You and I and George went strolling down the park one day. And then you held my hand as if to say I Love You. Then we passed a brook and George fell in and drowned himself. And floated out to sea. Leaving you alone with me."
"Well..." Kermit said. "Your singing and piano playing are very good. You're hired."
"Excellent!" the he bent down and whispered, "Kermit, I was wondering if you could hire the Chef too. He hasn't had a job since he was deported from Sweden."
"Deported?"
"Yes. I can't really make out why. I think he was joking about the Great Donut Massacre of '52... Please give him a job!"
"Oh... all right," Kermit replied, making a mental note to hide all the donuts. "CHEF! You're hired!"
The Chef dropped the food and grabbed Kermit in a giant hug, thanking him in Mock-Swedish.
:hungry:
Chapter Three will be finished ASAP and the last 2 chapters posted soon after that! :smile:

Animal'sBunny

Reaction score
I had all the rest of the story typed, but some how something happened and I couldn't post it:grr:

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Interesting. So this is like a different version of how everyone met and how The Muppets got started? Much different from The Muppet Movie. (I can tell because Zoot and Janice were still going out at that point)

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Hey! It's Kermit and Rowlf team-work from their first friend Jim Henson. The song "You and I & George" is hilarious. You pick really good songs and I know you went deeper into how the Muppets got together for the Muppet Show. Sweeeeettttt!