1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

its OFFICIAL "The Muppets" movie is a Hit!

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by a_Mickey_Muppet, Nov 27, 2011.

1. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

ploobis likes this.
  2. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

what i want more than anything is the show back. bring back the muppet show! seriously, i'd watch it anywhere
    jacobsnchz likes this.
  3. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i read somehwere it had a budget of 50 Million so if thats true a 42 million $ opening weekend is very very good
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I think the finalized budget was $45 million.
  5. Frogpuppeteer

even better, its a good sign when movies make there budget on opening weekend..because everything else is just profit and they wont have to make any of it up on DVD sales
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Indeed... this is great news. And the best part? This isn't even the full box office potential... it's just the domestic! Once it hits Europe, it's going to erupt! More Muppets? That's the thing we were hoping to hear. I think a TV show actually has a strong possibility now. Hopefully it finds a night where it can flourish.

And the best part? It left the generic looking CGI kiddy fare completely in the dust.
    Frogpuppeteer likes this.
  7. wingfoot

wingfoot New Member

That is great news, I just read all the headlines and now I'm more excited for it to come out here in the Philippines.
  8. Frogpuppeteer

you are right i didnt even think of that...the dollars are rolling in Muppets seems to be an all around success
  9. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

10. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

Words can't describe how happy this makes me.
  11. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

*Flails arms* Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!
  12. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Lets hope this will convince Disney to finally release seasons 4 & 5 of TMS on DVD finally! ;)
  13. Canadian Fan

Canadian Fan Member

It's #2 in Canada according to Empire Theatre's website. I haven't got to the movie yet, I want to see about taking my niece to it on the weekend.
  14. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

and perhaps an uncut version of "Muppet Family Christmas" on DVD....... I know, I know, don't push it.
  15. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

what's the hold up on the last two season's dvds, by the way?
  16. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

THIS ROCKS!! I'm so excited! I hope this will not only bring more Muppet movies or TV shows/specials but I also hope it will get Disney to release more old school Muppet things on DVD as well as maybe build a "Muppet Studios" attraction at one of their theme parks. TOTAL MUPPET DOMINATION!!!! :):D;):hungry::crazy::sing: