It's Official: Fraggle Rock Season 1 Box Set

TARDIS60

Reaction score
I received 'Live by the Rule of the Rock' today, and here's what was on the back of the insert inside the disc:

Coming Fall 2005 Fraggle Rock Season 1 Box Set (click to see a scan of the insert)

So does this constitute official definite final word from HIT on the subject? Can we begin celebrating now? :excited:

Kassi

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kassi,

Thanks for the info. Yep, that's good as gold. What we have been saying for months is now official. Can't wait for season 1 (and hopefully the other seasons to follow).

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Whoopie! It is about time we got HIT to give anyone a clear sign, and that insert is pretty clear.

I am trying to get more details and information from HIT on this excellent news...but being that it is Saturday (and most of HIT is out until Monday) you'll all have to wait a few days until (hopefully) I can dig up some more information on the release. I can't wait!

:excited:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Can't wait to buy the new third disk this coming tusday to also see the insert in the dvd case.

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Finally our dream has come true now i can start saving up me money.

DerekJ

Reaction score
TARDIS60 said:
I received 'Live by the Rule of the Rock' today, and here's what was on the back of the insert inside the disc:

Coming Fall 2005 Fraggle Rock Season 1 Box Set (click to see a scan of the insert)

So does this constitute official definite final word from HIT on the subject? Can we begin celebrating now? :excited:
Not really and no, seeing as it's pretty much the exact same flyer copy we got on the first disk... :smirk:

"Official definite final" has a date, price and cover art on it.

scarecroe

Reaction score
DerekJ said:
Not really and no, seeing as it's pretty much the exact same flyer copy we got on the first disk...
That's not true at all. I have both the barebones and Special Edition versions of the "Where It All Began" volume and neither of them included an insert about Boxed Sets coming. Just that more Fraggle Rock was coming to DVD in 2005, which it did. And is. And will continue to. This insert actually says... well, look at it.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
DerekJ said:
Not really and no, seeing as it's pretty much the exact same flyer copy we got on the first disk...
The flyer insert that came with "Where it All Began" back in July 2004 did not mention season sets. That ad simply said more Fraggle DVDs will be coming starting fall 2004 and more did come starting in October 2004 (Where it all Began Special Edition, followed by Dance your Cares Away). To quote exactly it said "More Fraggle Rock to come to video & DVD Fall 2004". That ad was 100% correct.

This insert specificly says "Season 1 Box Set" will be coming in the fall. They would not be this specific unless it was true (they would have said something like "More Fraggle Rock to come to video & DVD Fall 2005", but they were specific enough to mention Season 1 box sets - that is a clear sign).

I wonder why they did not mention "Doin' Things that Doozers Do" video/DVD planned for September 9, 2005.

DerekJ

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
This insert specificly says "Season 1 Box Set" will be coming in the fall. They would not be this specific unless it was true (they would have said something like "More Fraggle Rock to come to video & DVD Fall 2005", but they were specific enough to mention Season 1 box sets - that is a clear sign).
Oh, wasn't saying it wasn't true--

Just that saying, say, "October 2005" (to use a Disney example) would be more of a clear indication that it was anywhere near to being finished at this exact moment...
At the moment, they're just telling us what we know already, and what we know is that that's not enough to celebrate just yet.

(...And why isn't there a Boober smiley for posts like this?)