It's Official: Disney completes Muppet acquisition

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oh, the Disney/JHC history is so complex I doubt it could be done correctly in just a paragraph. Or 3. There's too many twists and turns and controversies and conspiracies.

I want Disney to go ahead and start making stuff and get this thing on the tracks, and I dare them to prove my worries wrong. We'll see either after 3 or 7 years what they're going to do with Muppets as far as respecting them.

Oh, one other thing, for anything prior to the Disney/Henson deal completeing this month, you can write the JHC for Muppets information. I don't know what will happen after that date, though, but the JHC Archives will still contain Muppet stuff.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Lets Think Positivly

Ok this is a really really exiting and yet for alot of us who dont trust Dizzy, its a scary time. But think of the opportunities that the Muppets now have.

They have movies and TV slots waiting for them. And Dizzy DVD and videos are the biggest famiy distributor out there. I think that the main key player in this thing would be Brian Henosn, to see if he would help produce and maybe even direct some of the projects. If he does, then I dont think the Muppets will waver to much. If they keep the same writers that will also help.

MuppetNewsFlash

Reaction score
I think everyone needs to take some deep breathing exercises and relax a little. All that can happen now is something. The purchase did not go through for nothing to happen with the Muppets. We're going to see something. We're going to see merchandise. We're going to see DVD.

I keep hearing how Disney will displace the Muppets after a while like they have with other purchases. To that I can only say, what was the quality of the other material? Nothing against Doug but how long was that show on, and it had one film that did not do that well. We're talking the Muppets here, a product with history, with an already strong fanbase. I would think this will be handled as strongly as we see them handle the other brand with that much history involved, Pooh.

And speaking of the fanbase and product, yes Disney's deal to use JHC for consulting is over in three years, but will they risk cutting ties with them knowing how it would effect the product and fan response. I don't see it. Give them a chance. The Muppets are about dreaming and good faith, not doom and despair. BELIEVE in the Muppets. Believe in the Rainbow Connection! :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
MuppetNewsFlash said:
The Muppets are about dreaming and good faith, not doom and despair. BELIEVE in the Muppets. Believe in the Rainbow Connection! :smile:
It's not the Muppets that I don't have faith in. It's Eisner's Disney that I don't have faith in. Get him out and I'll start changing my attitude toward the deal. The Muppets now belong to the same company whose last 2-d hand animated movie (Home on the Range) is now in theaters after they fired off all their animators and closed animation studios around the world because they want to go all CGI.

Like I said elsewhere, the possibilities with Disney's money are endless, but do you REALLY want to see CGI Muppets?? I mean, they're made famous by their animated films and they stop animation! The Muppets are made famous by their performers...see? Mickey Eisner knows how to make me worry, don't he? :rolleyes:

Still, we will be getting tv/movie productions, something about live performances (theatrical productions?), and tons of merchandise. So, that is promising in the least bit.

Someone help me here, though: I thought Eisner was voted out off the board to a different position, but he's still making announcements et al. If he's not the CEO of the WDC, why's he still doing that stuff?

Anyways, it's all just devil's advocate for now. We won't know the true meaning behind what they're doing with the Muppets at Disney for another 3 to 7 years, then we'll see what's going on.

And I agree with the above statement re: differences with Doug and The Muppets!

MuppetNewsFlash

Reaction score
Eisner was not voted off the board, he stepped down because the margin of votes was so close. He is still CEO of the company though. Although I believe in the past with other companies, no one has ever lasted as CEO after such a dismal vote of confidence. So while he is now the CEO, chances are good that it is temporary and that the board is only biding time to make the transition as smooth as possible and not cause a panic with investors.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
this whole thing reminds me of AVMMC i meaan the way the muppets are being bought and all sounds kind of like the way the movie was.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
this whole thing reminds me of AVMMC i meaan the way the muppets are being bought and all sounds kind of like the way the movie was.
Yeah. I just hope they get to keep the Muppet Theater and Kermit doesn't get frozen again...

beaker

Reaction score
Im surprised there are not more posts here...I guess everyone has had a few months to let it sink in that it is sadly now, tho hopefully not forever DISNEY'S MUPPETS...no more Jim Henson's Muppets. Did we ever think there'd come a day where JH signature was taken off?