1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

It's Official: Disney completes Muppet acquisition

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Apr 28, 2004.

1. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

its' Official: disney completes Muppet acquisition

this is the great happy day in disney because disney buy the muppet i love disney and the muppets. i hope disney will change the great movie ride to the great muppet movie ride.
  2. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

That WOULD be nice. Never been, but that would be nice.
  3. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I agree, the current great movie ride has kind of gotten stale, it needs to be freshened up. The Muppets would certainly make it a better attraction.
  4. Mark Filton

Mark Filton New Member

Hey I am only trying my best to dump on Disney. I am not a fan of Moore, just a hater of Disney :D

A hater of Disney for good reason!

What good stuff has Mickey done lately? What more can I say?

Here again is the sad mouse :cry:
  5. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

900th Post

While Disney may not be perfect, the company has done plenty good over the years. Until products and films start coming out, we will not have any idea how successful the Muppet and Bear acquisitions were. Personally, I am hoping for the best and hoping that these characters are given all the help that they need to be successful.
  6. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Hey, did anyone notice that muppets.com is now on Disney's servers? Not terribly significant, since it's still the same site, but it does say "Disney" at the bottom.
  7. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

No, I hadn't noticed that yet.
  8. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Well, how about that. That's probably the first "update" that site's gotten in over two years. :)

Unfortunately, Muppet World seems to have disappeared. I should have used it more often.
  9. Rowlf's Roadie

Rowlf's Roadie New Member

At the bottom of the page, it also says copyright Muppets Holding Company. What's the Muppets Holding Company?
    P.S.: In this thread are comparisons of this situation to Very Merry Xmas. I just watched my tape of it this afternoon.
  10. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

Muppets Holding Comapny???

They're probably refering to Disney. Anyway I wonder what Disney's first announcment as the Muppets Holding Company will be. I'm very excited to open MC and find the headline reading "Disney's first act with the muppets..."
  11. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

When Disney completed the transaction, they formed the Muppets Holding Company, where Chris Curtin basically oversees everything involving the Muppets and Bear.
  12. Mark Filton

Mark Filton New Member

"While Disney may not be perfect, the company has done plenty good over the years."

What, like the teenage sex comedies, the abandonment of 2D animation and driving Pixar away?

You have hope? Disney makes kiddie crap. How can you hope for good old edgy Henson style Muppets from kiddie crap Disney? You like Lion King 1.5?

Can you hope for water from a rock?

:D
  13. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

While Disney as a corporate empire may have made some bad moves over the years, they still employ a lot of talented and creative people. My eternal optimism is telling me that the Muppets will find a way to shine at Disney!
  14. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Ditto!
  15. Mark Filton

Mark Filton New Member

"The Muppets will find a way to shine?"

"Ditto!"

Give it up, guys :D

Jim is dead, and his own children don't want the legacy of Kermit. I can't believe it, but there you go. Their dead bodies have been sold off to a giant crap company headed by goofballs and idiots. Mr. Henson's special New York offices are being closed, hacked up, and sold off. Smell the coffee and read the writing on the walls: IT IS OVER.

Yes, I am willing to eat my words if Disney makes something good, but are you willing to eat YOUR words if Disney makes a piece of crap?

Daydreaming of happy times coming from Disney? AS IF THEY CARE?

Don't hold your breath :sleep:

Don't be surprised when they deliver garbage :boo:

Not even Oscar will want it :grouchy:
  16. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I don't know as I ever said Disney wouldn't make a piece of crap. But has everything that ever came out of Henson been perfection, uh no. Mark, I think the jury is still out. Will Disney produce some crappy things? Yes. But that doesn't mean the acquisition doesn't have benefits.
  17. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

Disney bought other shows like Doug. That was just fine. Disney also bought Fox Family and turned it into abc family. That was just fine. The muppets will turn out alright. :) :p
  18. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Well not that fine financially. Of course it wasn't doing well before, thus the sale. But hey they got the Power Rangers out of it! Heh heh, :sympathy:.
  19. JimmyDeanDog

JimmyDeanDog Member

Does Disney also OWN prevous MUPPET material?

Someone explain to me about all the Muppet merchandise:

The toys, games, movies, recordings with Seseme Street (et al)...

Would Walt's grave STILL be turning? Does Disney now OWN the past?

-JDD
  20. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

It doesn't own anything related to Sesame Street or Fraggle Rock, as far as the toys, etc. I don't really know.