It's Official: Disney completes Muppet acquisition

King Jim

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
WOW!!! this is GREAT news! :smile: Yeah!!! ur right Bean Bunny....EVERY company has SOME crappy stuff! Like DreamWorks....lastnight in wal mart I seenthy have the Shreck junk out for the 2nd movie and they have a Rip off Shreck that acts like the Tickle me Elmo....So yep EVERY compnay does! I just think EVERY BODY here just like to pick and poke at the little things Disney does! :mad: witch is NOT fare! :frown: Disney isnt the ONLY ones makin 2's look @ Universal with ALL the Land before Time movies...there like what now, 99of them so far?

Sooo...heres hoppin for the MUppet Show on Disney Cahannel or ABC Family, a NEW Muppet show for ABC's TGIF and Muppet Babies on PlayHouse Disney :smile: :excited:
Muppet Babies on PlayHouse Disney I do hope that happens.

PaulyPuppets

Reaction score
Hi, Foz,
You say taht there is no mention of new films or something like that, but DOES say this regarding new programming. I just hope it gets done. Sure would like to see some new stuff....

"The deal also includes non-exclusive production and consulting agreements under which The Jim Henson Company is expected to develop potential new programming featuring the "Muppets" and "Bear in the Big Blue House" for Disney."

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Their most successful line is Winnie the Pooh, that's without saying. I learned that when I worked at The Disney Store (back when I first began to become uninterested in The Big Cheese). Disney Princesses and Power Rangers are big in the market place, but I don't recognize them on TV at all. I have NO idea what W.I.T.C.H.S. is about; and Kim Possible is reportedly doing well.

Actually, when did Power Rangers become part of anything Disney? I thought that was through another company?

How is Mickey and Friends doing nowadays? I don't know. All I do know is that the Dizzy Co. is struggling to remember who Mickey is and what defines his character as more than the corporate symbol he has become.

I just can't be convinced that, at least while Eisner is in place, there will be anything positive in the LONG TERM scheme of things. In more immediate years, we'll get what we have wished for all along. I think it'll all decline afterwards, though.

I have to agree with whoever said that not all Disney merchandise is horrible. I've seen some plush (and even OWN SOME :eek:) that look exactly like the characters they represent. I do think, however, that Disney looks in the wrong direction with flooding the market with merchandise and produce some really dumb things. Not really unlike the dolls from Sababa of Statler and Waldorf From the Hood!! I hate those. It can be good when it's good, but when it's bad, it's VERY bad!

As far as sequels goes, I don't think any other company in the world has produced as many as Disney; however, their remakes are generally okay (Freaky Friday was awesome). Disney needs to lay off the Sequel things, and keep their Masterpiece Movies as just that! Stay away from TV series and sequels and spend that money making NEW and INNOVATIVE stuff--that's what those of us are yelping about, not just because they created Cinderally 33.5.

I share that same sentiment for the most part.

The thing I dread most about all this is that, even though Eisner isn't taking the helm of things, his former assistant is and that's bad enough.

Hey Foz,

W.I.T.C.H.S is a NEW book serises for girls aimed to ages 8 to 14. Also you for got about the Lizzie line...thats reportly doing VERY well along with Kim....as i hear n e wayz! as for Power Rangers, Disney got them along with the Spider man catoons with the Fox Family deal (aka ABC Family) back in 2001 when i last walked in the Disney store one corner of the store is Power Rangers and i couldnt belive ALL the little boys (most of where from ages 7 to at least 13) were over :smile: with :excited: . and thats NO lie! As for Mikey and Friends, from what i have been told there also doin very well. :halo:
and im sure the Muppets will do just as good! :wink:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I really hope that it turns out to be a good deal. But only time can tell.
But I do have my doubts about Disney owning the Muppets.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm glad it over. Now I can see whats going to come out with. YEAAAA!!!!! MORE MUPPETS!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!

Beth C

Reaction score
beaker said:
Jim Henson's Muppets
1955-2004

Disney's Muppets
2004-2004

At least we have Muppet Family Chritsmas, a time when Muppet Show muppets, Sesame and Fraggle Rock were all under one roof...literally.
Amen.

~Beth C

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Alright, I do admit that Disney hasn't been producing ANYTHING original in a very long time. Yeah, they developed Kim Possible and Lizzie McGuire, but as far as Classic Storytelling, I've seen Bupkiss! I have to agree that Cinderella II was THE MOST TERRIBLE DIRECT-TO-VIDEO RELEASE EVER!!! I'm still waiting for Classic-Style Disney versions of Rapunzel, Hansel and Gretel, and Sex and the City. JUST KIDDING!!!

But Seriously...although I love TMCC and MTI, I'd rather they had been original movie ideas with lotsa Muppet-performed songs. Beggars can't be choosers right? Maybe this new deal will inspire a young MuppetFan out there to really shoot for their dreams, become a Disney Exec, and make all our dreams come true by giving us the Muppets we loved from so long ago. Who knows, maybe this guy will really step up and do them justice. Time will tell.

And on another note, one of my favorite Jim Henson collectibles is my big plush Ojo I got from the Disney Store in Reno. Looks just like a workable Muppet! Maybe **crosses fingers** we'll see that quality of new Muppet plushies in stores soon!

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Well, I say as long as we get the Muppet Show and Muppets Tonight back on the air, I'm all right with it.

But it still leaves me feeling empty... :frown:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
RowlftheAnt47 said:
Alright, I do admit that Disney hasn't been producing ANYTHING original in a very long time. Yeah, they developed Kim Possible and Lizzie McGuire, but as far as Classic Storytelling, I've seen Bupkiss! I have to agree that Cinderella II was THE MOST TERRIBLE DIRECT-TO-VIDEO RELEASE EVER!!! I'm still waiting for Classic-Style Disney versions of Rapunzel, Hansel and Gretel, and Sex and the City. JUST KIDDING!!!

But Seriously...although I love TMCC and MTI, I'd rather they had been original movie ideas with lotsa Muppet-performed songs. Beggars can't be choosers right? Maybe this new deal will inspire a young MuppetFan out there to really shoot for their dreams, become a Disney Exec, and make all our dreams come true by giving us the Muppets we loved from so long ago. Who knows, maybe this guy will really step up and do them justice. Time will tell.

And on another note, one of my favorite Jim Henson collectibles is my big plush Ojo I got from the Disney Store in Reno. Looks just like a workable Muppet! Maybe **crosses fingers** we'll see that quality of new Muppet plushies in stores soon!

HEY!!!!! :smirk: Brother Bear WAZ classic Disney story Telling....if ya ask me or ANY other Disney fan! :excited: :excited: :halo: