It's Official: Disney completes Muppet acquisition

Manda:-D

Reaction score
bobhopesite said:
I can't wait to see what Disney has planed for the muppets. :smile:
Straight-to-video movie releases? Crappy merchandise? Cheesy adaptations of classic stories, the likes of which we've seen HUNDREDS OF TIMES BEFORE? (....Wait, that last part sounds kinda like Wizard of Oz...) I'm w/you, Kev, I'm DEFINITELY disenchanted by Disney. But, I guess all we can really do now is hope for the best.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
Straight-to-video movie releases? Crappy merchandise? Cheesy adaptations of classic stories, the likes of which we've seen HUNDREDS OF TIMES BEFORE? (....Wait, that last part sounds kinda like Wizard of Oz...) I'm w/you, Kev, I'm DEFINITELY disenchanted by Disney. But, I guess all we can really do now is hope for the best.
Not all Disney merchandise is crappy. Every Company from Warner Brothers to even Henson has had some crappy merchandise Disney is no different. It better than no merchandise at all.

Here hoping that Muppet Show air on Disney or ABC Family soon.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well, now we'll see what's gonna happen. Kind of exciting, actually.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Bean Bunny said:
Not all Disney merchandise is crappy. Every Company from Warner Brothers to even Henson has had some crappy merchandise Disney is no different. It better than no merchandise at all.

Here hoping that Muppet Show air on Disney or ABC Family soon.

WOW!!! this is GREAT news! :smile: Yeah!!! ur right Bean Bunny....EVERY company has SOME crappy stuff! Like DreamWorks....lastnight in wal mart I seenthy have the Shreck junk out for the 2nd movie and they have a Rip off Shreck that acts like the Tickle me Elmo....So yep EVERY compnay does! I just think EVERY BODY here just like to pick and poke at the little things Disney does! :mad: witch is NOT fare! :frown: Disney isnt the ONLY ones makin 2's look @ Universal with ALL the Land before Time movies...there like what now, 99of them so far?

Sooo...heres hoppin for the MUppet Show on Disney Cahannel or ABC Family, a NEW Muppet show for ABC's TGIF and Muppet Babies on PlayHouse Disney :smile: :excited:

beaker

Reaction score
Jim Henson's Muppets
1955-2004

Disney's Muppets
2004-2004

At least we have Muppet Family Chritsmas, a time when Muppet Show muppets, Sesame and Fraggle Rock were all under one roof...literally.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
I am pretty sure that Winnie the Pooh and characters like that are also under Consumer Products. It doesn't mean that we won't get films or anything like that because Disney has more synergy with other divisions in the Company than most do.
Bean Bunny said:
Other Disney proteries tha fall under Consumer Products are Mickey & Friends, Winnie The Poohs, Disney Princesses, Kim Possble. W.I.T.C.H.S, Power Rangers and now the Muppets and Bear. There more proteries but I just listed some of them.
Their most successful line is Winnie the Pooh, that's without saying. I learned that when I worked at The Disney Store (back when I first began to become uninterested in The Big Cheese). Disney Princesses and Power Rangers are big in the market place, but I don't recognize them on TV at all. I have NO idea what W.I.T.C.H.S. is about; and Kim Possible is reportedly doing well.

Actually, when did Power Rangers become part of anything Disney? I thought that was through another company?

How is Mickey and Friends doing nowadays? I don't know. All I do know is that the Dizzy Co. is struggling to remember who Mickey is and what defines his character as more than the corporate symbol he has become.

I just can't be convinced that, at least while Eisner is in place, there will be anything positive in the LONG TERM scheme of things. In more immediate years, we'll get what we have wished for all along. I think it'll all decline afterwards, though.

I have to agree with whoever said that not all Disney merchandise is horrible. I've seen some plush (and even OWN SOME :eek:) that look exactly like the characters they represent. I do think, however, that Disney looks in the wrong direction with flooding the market with merchandise and produce some really dumb things. Not really unlike the dolls from Sababa of Statler and Waldorf From the Hood!! I hate those. It can be good when it's good, but when it's bad, it's VERY bad!

As far as sequels goes, I don't think any other company in the world has produced as many as Disney; however, their remakes are generally okay (Freaky Friday was awesome). Disney needs to lay off the Sequel things, and keep their Masterpiece Movies as just that! Stay away from TV series and sequels and spend that money making NEW and INNOVATIVE stuff--that's what those of us are yelping about, not just because they created Cinderally 33.5.

Beaker said:
Jim Henson's Muppets 1955-2004
Disney's Muppets 2004-2004

At least we have Muppet Family Chritsmas, a time when Muppet Show muppets, Sesame and Fraggle Rock were all under one roof...literally.
I share that same sentiment for the most part.

The thing I dread most about all this is that, even though Eisner isn't taking the helm of things, his former assistant is and that's bad enough.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Actually, when did Power Rangers become part of anything Disney? I thought that was through another company?
When they acquired Fox Family Worldwide, they got Power Rangers. Fox Family was co-owned by News Corp. & Haim Saban, and Saban created the Power Rangers.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Disney also got all of the classic Marvel animated shows including the oringal Spider-Man cartoon as well as Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hmm...I think Disney's on the prowl of creating a monopoly! LOL!

Wonder how Marvel feels about Spider-Man classic cartoons belonging to Disney??

goldenarrow05

Reaction score
I'm still unsure about all of this... so I'll just try to be optimistic

As much as I dislike Disney I really hope that they'll do the Muppets some justice very soon.