It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie review

murgatoad

Reaction score
Well I certainly don't agree with that reviewer's assessment of the Frank Oz replacement. I think the new guy's doing fine. In fact he's better than Oz has been the last few years. But that's just me.

Luke

Reaction score
Well it is kinda true that the new Fozzie sounds a lot like the new Piggy when the characters speak after each other but yeah i think a good job's being done and things can only get better.

I think it's a fairly good review - i'd predict this movie has a little 'MFS' about it. People will love the start and then be a little miffed by the end but it's definitely a start at bringing back the ol'Muppet Magic. I think the Todd girls along with sharp Muppet writers like Thatcher will make the Fox show a lot funnier and tighter - i don't think much of Brian Henson's work with the Muppets because he still tries to tie them back to the way Jim did things in the 70's. It's kinda a different world nowdays and sp the edgier style that'll come with edgier producers is needed.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think while there was a lot of truth in the review, it was a little hard hard on Henson & Co. That said, I haven't seen the movie, so I'll reserve my judgement until Friday.

Great to see you posting on Muppet Central Ken! :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Great review. I am not at all concerned about the Oz-replaced characters. In fact, I very much support it. The absence and dubbed performances of those characters really made the previous projects suffer. I think Eric is doing a spectacular job, though I do notice a difference. But, hey - if it doesn't bother Murgatoad it shouldn't much bother the rest of us. LOL! You always seem to tell it like it is, Murgy! Like a Luke in training. :wink: