'IT'S A VERY MERRY MUPPET CHRISTMAS MOVIE Pictures!

radionate

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

The Henson website has released some publicity stills from IT'S A VERY MERRY MUPPET CHRISTMAS MOVIE!!! Not a whole lot to see, but some fun pictures none the less.

Press Release and Pictures

fragglerockr

Reaction score
Muppet Christmas...

Very cool....love the Moulin Rouge Piggy!!!

Lee

murgatoad

Reaction score
Re: Muppet Christmas...

Originally posted by fragglerockr
Very cool....love the Moulin Rouge Piggy!!!

Lee
Yeah, LOVE the fat dumpy legs. I thought they were going to make her thinner...?

Thog

Reaction score
Does this mean that we can get a Moulin Rouge Piggy figure? LOL

Dan:big_grin:

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I find it a little odd that pepe's replaced animal as the "5th muppet" in all these pics...

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Re: Re: Muppet Christmas...

Originally posted by murgatoad
Yeah, LOVE the fat dumpy legs. I thought they were going to make her thinner...?
Thank heavens they HAVEN'T made her thinner. She's a pig, for goodness' sakes. Sometimes companies get too sensitive and "politically correct" that they forget why the character was funny in the first place. We're not making fun of people here -- but a pig in a dress is absurd, and it should be absurd.

My $0.02.

BTW, thanks for pointing out the pics, Radionate. Moulin Rouge is one of my favorite movies, so I'm looking forward to the homage. Heck, I'm looking forward to the whole movie!

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I am really annoyed by pepe and now he is replacing animal it seems,but the rest looks good.

Luke

Reaction score
I think Gonzo's new suit look is very snazzy - he looks fantastic. Now i'd love to see a figure of him as he is today in a suit like that !

I don't mind about Pepe replacing Animal - Animal never said much anyway. As a character he's much loved but there isn't much you can actually do with him - i think it's far better for them to focus on Pepe !

murgatoad

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Muppet Christmas...

Originally posted by Chilly Down
Thank heavens they HAVEN'T made her thinner. She's a pig, for goodness' sakes. Sometimes companies get too sensitive and "politically correct" that they forget why the character was funny in the first place. We're not making fun of people here -- but a pig in a dress is absurd, and it should be absurd.

My $0.02.

That would just about buy Henson these days, it seems. :wink:

Look, people fell in love with Piggy because she ISN'T like a pig. Jim Henson himself once said the key to her popularity is the idea of a beautiful pig. It's an incongruity (look it up), and people love incongruity (see: Cowardly Lion). She's not Babe in a dress, 'kay? Once people see her as merely an absurdity, then that's the end of that character. Hope this explanation helps. Happy to be of service. :wink:

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
why's everyone noting that Pepe's replacing Animal? What about Rizzo?! Where is he in these pics? I mean Rizzo has had significant roles in MCC and MTI and huge role in MFS. We can't just get rid of him. Phew. Anyway I agree with Luke Gonzo's new suit is awesome.