It's a Great Day to Be a Muppet Fan!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'd love to see Animal as Hilary...He's done Sharon Ozbourne before, so...

Redsonga

Reaction score
:sympathy: No need to be so grumpy and ALL CAPS about it. Go to YouTube. Go to Muppets.com. If the Muppets can't entertain a fan there then they never could. That's the Muppety goodness of the future, DC was the speedbump along the way.
Now, now, that is taking it a bit far..if someone doesn't love those it doesn't mean they never loved, don't love, or won't love the muppets:smile:. Let us not throw out the chicken with the bathwater:coy:

I like them fine, but I do feel they are missing a certain something in their okay-ness ^.^. That little bit extra...that un-speakable..something...

Redsonga

Reaction score
That something Jim & Frank knew well...
Maybe..but many of the muppet thingies I remember were after Mr. Henson died..so it's not exactly him (though I miss him)..I think it is the writers I miss:sympathy:...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Maybe..but many of the muppet thingies I remember were after Mr. Henson died..so it's not exactly him (though I miss him)..I think it is the writers I miss:sympathy:...
Like Jerry Juhl.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Now, now, that is taking it a bit far..if someone doesn't love those it doesn't mean they never loved, don't love, or won't love the muppets:smile:. Let us not throw out the chicken with the bathwater:coy:

I like them fine, but I do feel they are missing a certain something in their okay-ness ^.^. That little bit extra...that un-speakable..something...
Sigh. I don’t see why you choose to misinterpret most of my posts to some other extreme, but hopefully this will help.

My reply was in response to MelissaY1's erroneous claim that the classic Muppetyness was missing in Muppet media today when it is very apparent in the recent web clips. Fans of old should recognize the Muppets' heart is still very much alive in those clips, but I never stated they had to be "loved" in order to be considered a real fan. The only thing really missing is a narrative, but that's what makes them web clips and not project media.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Sigh. I don’t see why you choose to misinterpret most of my posts to some other extreme, but hopefully this will help.

My reply was in response to MelissaY1's erroneous claim that the classic Muppetyness was missing in Muppet media today when it is very apparent in the recent web clips. Fans of old should recognize the Muppets' heart is still very much alive in those clips, but I never stated they had to be "loved" in order to be considered a real fan. The only thing really missing is a narrative, but that's what makes them web clips and not project media.
Well, I was just saying that not everyone sees the same things..maybe classic doesn't exactly mean the same thing to everyone even if they watched them and are fans, we're all different :smile:.
Anyway, it was mostly when you said "If the Muppets can't entertain a fan there then they never could." that I was poking at, just because I can see where there could be something missing in the videos that was there before to older fans...
It's not that I agree with some fans that say this makes them bad though :smile:, but that extra something would make them even better :smile:.
Anyway, that is just my two cents..I really don't mean t start any sort of debate, don't mind me ^.^...It could just be my critical thing class essay writing part of my mind acting up again -.-
It is a nice time to be a muppet fan, but I think it is always a good time ^.^