Is this a Henson Creature Shop puppet on eBay?

mupcollector1

Reaction score

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I don't recognize this character nor does he have The Jim Henson Company style. The seller says that he was used in a project that was never fully completed as well as some live performances. Just curious if this is a true character from possibly a Henson Alternative production or if it's a false listing. Just curious.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Professiona...806?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8155992e
I never saw that puppet before. It may or may not be a Henson character. Maybe, this came from another puppet company.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Well, according to the Jim Henson Company, they can't lend, give away, or sell characters made for and used in Henson productions.http://www.henson.com/faq.php
True, however I have seen some rare Muppet / Henson props that were possibly given to an employee who probably gave it to someone in which they sold on eBay. I've seen someone sell an actual Fraggle from Fraggle Rock, a background Fraggle. I've seen a warn out Doozer and a disintegrating Miss Piggy head (don't remember if that was sold or not, but I have seen pictures of it somewhere. But technically with any prop (usually in the Movie Prop websites), it's legal if there's a signature of authorization or something like that.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
True, however I have seen some rare Muppet / Henson props that were possibly given to an employee who probably gave it to someone in which they sold on eBay. I've seen someone sell an actual Fraggle from Fraggle Rock, a background Fraggle. I've seen a warn out Doozer and a disintegrating Miss Piggy head (don't remember if that was sold or not, but I have seen pictures of it somewhere. But technically with any prop (usually in the Movie Prop websites), it's legal if there's a signature of authorization or something like that.
Woah! Can I see that picture of that background Fraggle?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Wow! I can't believe this is in mint condition. :smile:
I'm really glad that these handlers preserved this Fraggle really well.
It's quite possible that the Jim Henson Muppet Workshop (or Puppet workshop / Creature Shop division now a days) probably fixed it up for the employee that it was originally given too. I knew someone who started a puppet museum and Jim Henson gave the very Scooter that was used in one of the 1980s Muppet exhibits, plus Jim joked that this person kind of looked like Scooter in a way. I even had the honer to carry it to a table. It was amazing. Scooter had a pencil in his ear and a clipboard that listed the playhouse Muppet videos on there. I think it could have been a Scooter that was used in the 1980s because it was the half version of him. But still a Photo Puppet sort of. It's hard to tell.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I went to meet that fraggle. He was amazing. He's not for sale, but they had been offered huge amounts for him and declined!!

They also have a Sir Didymus head and Fizgig!!

Chris