Is The Pajanimals DVD worth getting?

beaker

Reaction score
Was going to purchase the two Jim Henson Hour specials on dvd from Amazon(Dog City and Song of the Cloud Forest) but noticed Henson Company had released "Pajanimals" on dvd. Is this any good? I've only seen one of the segments. Was wondering if it had any of the magic or charm of say, Bear in the Big Blue House?

http://www.amazon.com/Pajanimals-Good-Night/dp/B002YE26MA

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, each episode is just a short song. The songs are really good, but if the CD is cheaper, I'd get that instead.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh are they more like webisodes, or bumpers/interstitials? I thought maybe it was a whole show. I've seen some of the song videos posted on Henson's youtube site and thought it had its charm. Im surprised they never made whole episodes though...sometimes this shorter format works, like with Mopatop.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to describe them. It's technically a show, but they hardly last more than 4 minutes.

lds1987

Reaction score
They are sort of like mini-episodes but are mainly sing alongs for toddlers. It is a good mini-show for toddlers (my son and sister love it) to help them relax for bed time.

Mupp

Reaction score
I have seen the Pajanimals songs online. I really like it. Its a shame that it seems to be over.