Is the Dark Crystal worth watching?

P

Princeton

I have Labyrinth and love it. However, I've never seen Dark Crystal; never had the desire. Anyway, I've heard it's pretty good and think maybe I should see it. But what do you guys think? Is it worth watching? I'm actually a little hesitant to see it. Is it scarier than Labyrinth? Can you get involved with the characters? From what I've heard, it's very dark and serious and doesn't sound very entertaining. Of course I could be wrong. Feedback would be appreciated. Thanx!

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
why not just watch it, its only about an hour and a half long, if you like it great, if not, thats fine too, its worth a rent at the video store at any rate

Whatever

Reaction score
I really like it. Kira is my heroine. This is one Henson movie that I'm glad I didn't see as a child; it would have scared me. But I love it now!

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
It's a really fun movie, because it literally takes you away to another world where no humans are in sight. I really liked it, but the story development could have been a little better. Other than that it's a good watch.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Well Princeton,let me just tell you right off the bat.Yes it is dark,like afore mentioned,there are no humans in DC. You would have to keep an open mind while watching it.There are no CGI illusions,and true the plot and production could have been a little more developed.But,give it a try and rent it. It's about: independence,trust,faith,and going after something no matter how hard you think the task is. Hope you like it.:smile:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
For some reason,I fall asleep everytime I watch it:smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
From what I've seen it's a really good movie. I like stories about different planets that don't deal with space travel. No humans is a very cool idea as well. My problem with star wars is that there are way too many humans, but is Dark Crystal it's totally different. Watch it.

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
The Dark Crystal is totally worth watching. For younger kids it can be a little scary. (I'll admit that I was terrified of Chamberlain Skesis when I saw it.) But if you like great story telling combined with awesome and sometimes bizarre visuals then you'll love The Dark Crystal. Of course, that's just my opinion, i know people who can't stand The Dark Crystal, I have a tendency to think they aren't really open minded to thyis new experiance of a movie done completely with puppets. Hope you take the time to watch it!

WiGgY

Reaction score
It is not a little kid movie. It is for teens and adults. Kids wouldn't get it anyway.

gelphling

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the Dark Crystal. It's kind of dark but very entertaining, even just to laugh at how weird it is. Please know I'm not downing the movie, I even bought it after watching it, but it's bizarre. In a good way.