Is Sprout airing Seasons 30 to 32?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, and they haven't for a few years now.

I think they stopped showing those seasons after 2009-10 or so.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
It's too bad because Sprout started airing the later seasons which made them go downhill.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I recall reading in another thread that apparently Sprout is now trying to go into the HD mode, so this is what caused them to jump from Season 35 to 39.

(*sigh*) They really need to replace that Good Night Show block with a Remember When? Show block for older fans! That stupid "midnight feeding" excuse...

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I recall reading in another thread that apparently Sprout is now trying to go into the HD mode, so this is what caused them to jump from Season 35 to 39.

(*sigh*) They really need to replace that Good Night Show block with a Remember When? Show block for older fans! That stupid "midnight feeding" excuse...

Send an email to Sprout and tell them your suggestion.

ssetta

Reaction score
I really dont think Sprout, or any network would do anything like that. Sprout is a channel specifically designed for preschoolers, not for nostalgic fans. If the old format doesn't work on PBS, why would it work on Sprout?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I really dont think Sprout, or any network would do anything like that. Sprout is a channel specifically designed for preschoolers, not for nostalgic fans. If the old format doesn't work on PBS, why would it work on Sprout?
Are you referring to my post or answering JazzyAlphabet's question?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
OK, never mind. Assuming that you're saying this to me, here's my complaint: for the daytime, yes it makes sense to only focus on the preschoolers, but at night, there's really no need. Throughout the evening, Sprout airs reruns of stuff that they showed earlier in the day. Name ONE preschooler/toddler/infant that will be up that late at night to watch them! Sprout has this philosophy, "we need current preschool programming late night/early morning because of feedings." That is absolutely no excuse. For one thing, the parent (or whatever other relation the child has with the adult) would know better than to turn the TV while the child is being fed/having their diaper changed/being calmed down. Do you really think TV would be necessary for the child at this hour? Any child under 3 wouldn't get anything out of it anyway, and any child under 2 probably can't see anything but flashing lights. In other words, chances are that the child is far too young to care about TV. Sprout having a nighttime block for older fans would be a great opportunity to air classic PBS Kids shows like (pre-Season 30) Sesame Street, the other old school CTW/SW programs (The Electric Company, 3-2-1 Contact, Square One TV, and Ghostwriter), Reading Rainbow, Mister Roger's Neighborhood, The Puzzle Place, Zoom (both versions would do perfectly), and basically anything else that comes to mind.

Just look how popular retro programming blocks are! For example, Qubo has one, and Nickelodeon has one (I'm not sure if it still exists). Sprout would be the right channel to have a block for old school PBS Kids shows. Maybe call it something popular like The Remember When? Show and have it replace The Good Night Show. I mean, ever since the channel was launched, Sprout just chose to blow it for an audience of 1 year olds that can't sleep that doesn't exist.

Bottom line, while it's OK to have a preschool channel during the daytime, it's really not necessary to show reruns of stuff that aired earlier in the morning/afternoon at night while the child is asleep!

Do you see what I'm talking about, ssetta?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just look how popular retro programming blocks are! For example, Qubo has one, and Nickelodeon has one (I'm not sure if it still exists). Sprout would be the right channel to have a block for old school PBS Kids shows. Maybe call it something popular like The Remember When? Show and have it replace The Good Night Show. I mean, ever since the channel was launched, Sprout just chose to blow it for an audience of 1 year olds that can't sleep that doesn't exist.

Bottom line, while it's OK to have a preschool channel during the daytime, it's really not necessary to show reruns of stuff that aired earlier in the morning/afternoon at night while the child is asleep!
Qubo had one. It does have some nice programs it refuses to air during the day, like Class of the Titans, and Archie's Weird Mysteries. it's a licensing thing, I guess.... they probably lost the Classic Media license. There's no excuse why they can't show older DIC stuff... but that's besides the point.

Anyway, completely right about the 24 hour preschool thing. Does anyone really need to see that stuff at 3 in the morning? There's no audience of kids that are of the age to watch programming that shouldn't be able to sleep through the night. And even if there was...uh... DVD's and on-demand? Those are things too. Even Nick Jr. is aware that no kid's going to watch something intended for 3 year olds past 11 PM. Unfortunately, they replace the programming with the "Drunken Woo Girl Mommy Soft Core" Line up. Jeez... :grr:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Anyway, completely right about the 24 hour preschool thing. Does anyone really need to see that stuff at 3 in the morning? There's no audience of kids that are of the age to watch programming that shouldn't be able to sleep through the night.
I just spent the weekend on a school trip in San Francisco. On Friday night, since I had nothing better to do, I channel surfed on the hotel room's TV at midnight. I came across Sprout, and they were airing what else but Barney! My reaction? A huge face palm and exasperated sigh! The following night, I came across Sprout again while they were airing The Goodnight Show. Having no cable/satellite TV (therefore no experience with Sprout), I watched it for a few minutes, and I was incredibly perturbed and speechless. Both nights, all I could think to myself was "Who (infant/toddler/preschooler wise) is watching this??" Especially The Good Night Show! I mean, everything that's done throughout the show...encouraging the viewer to copy nighttime routines, and of course showing useless repeats of whatever was shown during the day...How are ANY of these supposed to help a child get to sleep?! Does Sprout seriously think that all of this is necessary? The "sproutlets" are ALREADY going to be in bed! Even if they can't sleep, the parent (or whatever other adult relation) isn't going to turn on the TV, and make their child follow along with whatever is going on throughout the show at whatever hour it may be!