Is Monsterpiece Theater in season 36?

littleboy

Reaction score
Hi

My brother and I sometimes watch the new season on pbs, and sometimes I see old skits on there, is monsterpiece theater also going to be shown?

We live in toronto, and do not get noggin. So we only get the new episodes and that's it.

Do they use alot of the old skits in the new episodes?

Thanks

ssetta

Reaction score
They do use some, but not too many. And I don't think we'll be seeing Monsterpiece Theater this season, or ever again.

salemfan

Reaction score
Ssetta, how come you don't think we'll ever see Monsterpiece Theater again?

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, they really don't use a lot of old stuff anymore because they really don't have room. I mean, they're starting to use old stuff more often, so, maybe they might use one of the more recent MPTs, but I'm not sure. I mean, they got rid of Journey to Ernie, which sort of makes room for more inserts, but they're STILL only doing 26 new shows per season.

littleboy

Reaction score
There are only 26 new shows in each season? I thought each episode was never repeated? At least that's what i thought. If anyone has seen MPT in the current season please let me know.

I have don't put down the ducky, and grover celebration. We have two episodes, 39 stairs, and the king and I. I am still upset that there were some parts cut from the king and I on the dvd. Are there any other videos that were released before that have mpt?

Thank you

mikealan

Reaction score
littleboy said:
There are only 26 new shows in each season? I thought each episode was never repeated? At least that's what i thought. If anyone has seen MPT in the current season please let me know.

I have don't put down the ducky, and grover celebration. We have two episodes, 39 stairs, and the king and I. I am still upset that there were some parts cut from the king and I on the dvd. Are there any other videos that were released before that have mpt?

Thank you
Well, the complete version of MPT: The King & I was on the special Big Bird's Birthday from Season 22, and I have that segment on Episode #2727 (1990, Season 21).

littleboy

Reaction score
How did you get a copy of the episode? I have looked online for Big Bird's surprises and can't find it on ebay. I thought it would be there for sure.

Are there any other tapes out there that have MPT?

I also have a library that would have "getting ready for school" is that one any good? Does anyone have it? If they do, could you please tell me what skits are on that one? Many thanks

Also, was there ever a sesame street fairy tales? I have a tape that has a previews of other sesame street videos. I think it has Kermit interviewing cinderella, sleeping beauty? Does anyone have that one? I got big bird's story time, it was really great but it didn't have the princess and the pea, and more. I made the mistake of getting muppets classic theater, and that one was horrible. I didn't realize it was only the muppets and no sesame street.

Thanks

minor muppetz

Reaction score
littleboy said:
How did you get a copy of the episode? I have looked online for Big Bird's surprises and can't find it on ebay. I thought it would be there for sure.
Thats probably because Big Birds Birthday was never officially released on video.

mikealan

Reaction score
littleboy said:

Thanks
Boober and I did a trade together.