Is Kermit adventurous?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
On Muppet Babies, Kermit enjoyed going on adventures, and it seemed natural for him. But then I started thinking... Did Kermit care about adventure this much as an adult? After all, there aren't too many times when Kermit seemed to enjoy adventures (mainly Muppet Treasure Island and his roles as Robin Hood).

Miss Becstar

Reaction score
I think kermit did

I think that kermit did care bout having adventures and having fun! the movies i can think of he's singing and having a great time! I think he's been on plenty of adventures with more to come no doubt! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I was about to say. He was more adventurous as a child than he was as a grown up because when he became a grown up, he was responsible for so many other people and didn't have as much time to be adventurous...but he certainly wasn't afraid to take risks later in life, such as hiring Monsters.

If you look at Muppet Babies, or at Kermit's Swamp Years, he was much more adventurous, but he then had his BIG adventure which was leaving the Swamp for Hollywood, and then he settled down and took grown up adventures (such as investment banking...or casting Piggy in the melodrama...)

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
Well he was a child and when ur a kid everything is aventure

Bridget

Reaction score
I do believe he still is to this day! I mean, Kermie is quite the leader which is a huge part in being what you call "adventurous"! Part of the adventure for him is leading the gang in the mission as he does in Muppets In Space, Muppets Take Manhattan, etc. He's a very determined, adventurous, and leading little green fellow. Therefore, Kisses To Him! :flirt:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Kermit is a born leader, but a reluctant one. Looking at Kermit's long history in entertainment, I think you could conclude that Kermit's dream was simply to entertain people and make them happy by being the cause of laughter and pleasure. There are many creative types like that, who want so sing, act, write, draw, sculpt, etc. Unfortunately for Kermit, he sort of became the de facto leader of a group who also had dreams of entertaining. Anyone who has worked in the arts will tell that that--after a few years--their new, REVISED dream is to simply get to do the art they want to pursue and let SOMEONE ELSE handle all the messy business parts. That's why most actors and writers have AGENTS, and publicists, and accountants, etc. But Kermit is really the only one who can really see the potential in the entertainers that he works with, and there's never any money to hire anything done, so...he does it himself, using the people and abilities at hand. Scooter--the annoying teen-aged gofer who was foisted onto him by the theater owner, J. P. Grosse, becomes Kermit's right-hand man (or left-hand man, if you prefer). Fozzie, who was Kermit's best friend, becomes the encourager of the group. Piggy, the object of his desire and romantic intentions, becomes the break-out star. Rowlf becomes the music manager--of sorts. It's not perfect, but it works, and it takes a lot of effort to keep that "flying umbrella" aloft.
It also takes a lot of time, so Kermit is not likely to just drop everything and jaunt off to the Caribbean (unless, of course, there's a film to be shot there). Instead, he's back at the theater fixing the hole in the wall from Gonzo's cannon, or making sure that Honeydew's latest invention isn't running amok.
So...is Kermit adventurous? Does he go looking for adventure?
My NON-answer would be--he doesn't exactly have to, does he? Like water, adventure seeks its own level, and Kermit's usually knee-deep all the time. (Knee-deep, knee-deep. Um, it's a frog joke.) So while Kermit doesn't usually go seeking adventure, he sure knows how to deal with it when it shows up.
Pepe: So, does this mean, like, jes? The frog is adventurous?
Ru: Well...he's romantically involved with Miss Piggy....
Pepe: ¡Ay, caramba! That's means jes.
Ru: There.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Of course Kermit's adventurous, he once even asked Cher if she fiddles around.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I believe that Kermit is adventurous as long as he has a decent reason to want to go. I'd doubt he'd want to go out just for the heck of it unless it was over to the swamp to see his family.