Is Jerry Nelson still performing?

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I think Eric Does A great Job with Piggy. I have a hard time telling the difference between his and Franks.

Jake Lockman

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've still not been able to find out exactly what is wrong with Jerry, and I'm also curious about our friend Secret Squirrel, but it's likely best the name or position not be known seeing as how (in the past) our famed visitors were bombarded with posts and emails.

BTW, Squirrel, if you talk to Jerry, pass on my best wishes to him, will ya?

Thanks
FOZ

radionate

Reaction score
Ditto from me "secret squirrel". I'm sure everyone at Henson knows how dear and special they are to us.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Originally posted by Secret Squirrel
"Did Frank train Eric to do Fozzie and Piggy?"

Wiggy: Eric is completely self-taught. Frank's time is very limited, and if he had the time to train someone else, he'd likely use that time to tape his own performances.

Eric has discussed the characters with Frank a couple of times, but the real improvements have just come from hours and hours of practice. Impressive guy.

secret squirrel
Wow! He did that all on his own? That's pretty darn amazing. I wish some of the other performers that took over old characters were like Eric. Waldorf has never been the same. The voice is way off and even the way he acts is off. David Gole does his best I'm sure, but it's just...weird. I think most of Jim's characters haven't been the same. Kermit went through a weird time but I think he's comming around, and Rowlf and Dr. Teeth haven't been there so who knows if their new performers are good.

I thought the retirement of Oz was going to be devastating to the muppets but it's actually been better. Oz can do the directing he wants and his characters live on as if he never left. One day, when Oz directs a new muppet movie, I'd like to see Franks Fozzie and Eric's Fozzie have a conversation. Maybe Bunsen could clone Franks characters, or should I say Eric's characters :big_grin: .

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
I'd like to see Franks Fozzie and Eric's Fozzie have a conversation.
This reminds me.

Some friends of mine and I were digging in my archives and I pulled out the original Muley puppet and was letting him talk (Man have I improved on making puppets since then), when I reached over and grabbed the newest Muley puppet. The two began having a conversation realizing that each WAS still Muley.

The big laughs came when they started asking each other:
"You mockin' me?"
"You mockin' me?"
for a few minutes.

No big whoop, just some fun that happened at home.

FOZ

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
hey secret squirrel, out of being curious, do you work for henson..possibly as one of the performers???....you seem like you know more about jerry than any of us here..

ryan

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
hey secret squirrel, out of being curious, do you work for henson..possibly as one of the performers???....you seem like you know more about jerry than any of us here..
Naw, why would you think that? :wink:

Anyhoo...I see Eric has *really* taken over Oz' characters...he even performed Yoda in VMC I see! (Im surprised the Lucas gestapo wasnt sicking their retainers on JHC:wink: )

Thanks so much for posting Squirrel! It's really cool to get updates from inside sources. I think we were all concerned about him retiring, so its really cool to hear he's still working on Sesame and other appearences. I mean, the Count just wouldnt be the count without Jerry!

On the TP credits for VMC, I notice a few characters that arent voiced and puppeteered by the same person. Man, that must be a bit of a team effort syncing that kind of thing!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i found out on www.imdb.com although they could be wrong, john kennedy did not even do dr. teeth, it was bill baretta...i thought dr. teeth was johns character now??....

ryan

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
so is lew zealand bills character now or did bill just do it because jerry wasn't able to do the character for the movie for that one time?..

ryan

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bill did it because Jerry wasn't there. Jerry is still Lew's main performer though. Lew has not been recast like Piggy or Fozzie.