Is it allowed to react on old topics?

core

Reaction score
Is it allowed to react on old topics?

I asking before I react on all topics wich have got my interest.
Because in the Netherlands it's an inportend rule to read first old topics before to make a new topic. But by my experience this rule is not valuble by all forems wich are not Dutch. By many of Dutch forums it's very anoying to make a new topic with the same thema, but on the contary it is anoying to react on old topics by Englisch forums?

Anyhow, is it by this forum also a valuble rule to react first on old topics or not?
I just want to get more clearness, because I dislike misunderstoots. :smirk:

dmx10101

Reaction score
Well, usally you just make a new topic so you don't have to look through the pages and pages of old topics. Replying to a few old topics is ok. But, I don't think people will like it if you bump a ton of old topics.

Beebers

Reaction score
I've found that a nice way to approach it is to do just what you've done, to just post and ask first. You could post the question about a topic in some other appropriate established thread, as a P.S. sort of thing, (postscript, afterthought) and people here will either guide you to old threads on the subject or say, yes, start a new thread, cool.

I don't know that it's really possible to acquaint oneself with all that's gone before, there's so much of it, so don't be afraid to ask lol.

:cool:

Whatever

Reaction score
Like your new location, Beebers!

Welcome to MC, core! It's always cool to see more international people here! :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
as long as what you're saying is pertinant, I think it's just fine to bring something up from the dead

Beebers

Reaction score
Whatever said:
Like your new location, Beebers!

Welcome to MC, core! It's always cool to see more international people here! :smile:
Yes it is, welcome, and thanx, Beth, for noticing zee new locale.

:cool:

core

Reaction score
Well thanks,
I have got now more clearness.
But I have got only one question.
How old is too old?

Beebers

Reaction score
My usual philosophy is, never too old, lol.

Oh, we're discussing threads???? I don't know. It would seem that if something was covered two years ago, that's too old, and a new thread should be started. There are so many new members here that new discussions on old topics would be welcome I'm sure. And many of those who posted in threads that old aren't on the forum much or at all anymore anyway.

:cool: :cool: