Is Grover dead?

Grover's Friend

Reaction score
There is a discussion in my office that Grover is dead? I know Jim Henson is gone, and Mr. Hooper from Seasme Street is dead, but can anyone point me in the direction of the answer for this?

Thanks

radionate

Reaction score
Grover is alive and well. Just turn into Sesame Street any given day and you'll see him. Lots of new Grover toys hitting the market too.

Grover's Friend

Reaction score
Lesson of Death

Wasn't there at one time, a lesson about death and one of the Muppet Character's passed away? My wife seems to think that this happened.

radionate

Reaction score
No Muppet Character on Sesame Street has passed away. They have been retired and aren't see on the show anymore, but they never died (unless I'm terribly wrong, and in that case someone will quickly step up to correct me).

Mr. Hooper died, and of course they addressed this on the show. I think they also addressed the passing of Uncle Wally (wasn't that his name). But these were both human actors.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
No Muppets have died, they just moved to the background (ie, Roosevelt Franklin, Forgetful Jones).

Grover isn't even retired, but they ran old skits and sketches for a long time, but since they've replaced Frank Oz he shows up a lot more now.

Hooper died and was discussed, dunno about Wally.

And before you ask, per the folks at Sesame Workshop Ernie and Bert are not now, nor have they ever been or will be, a gay couple.

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
No Muppets have died, they just moved to the background (ie, Roosevelt Franklin, Forgetful Jones).

Grover isn't even retired, but they ran old skits and sketches for a long time, but since they've replaced Frank Oz he shows up a lot more now.

Hooper died and was discussed, dunno about Wally.

And before you ask, per the folks at Sesame Workshop Ernie and Bert are not now, nor have they ever been or will be, a gay couple.
And they have no age. They are neither adults or children. They are just Bert and Ernie.

foofoocakes

Reaction score
It seems to me Grovers spot was really taken over by elmo. Who even though he is small and cute can upstage anyone. I miss Grover.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I'm sure that if you play some Sesame Street records backwards you might hear, "Grover is dead. Grover is dead."

:wink:

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
I'm sure that if you play some Sesame Street records backwards you might hear, "Grover is dead. Grover is dead."

:wink:
:big_grin: