Is Fraggle Rock still on the Hub?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I just got digital cable and a DVR for the first time not long ago and noticed that I have the Hub channel. I wanted to DVR some Henson shows on there like Fraggle Rock and any other ones but I couldn't find it on the search so I was just curious.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
As far as I know, Fraggle Rock is sadly no longer on The Hub. I think it stopped being on the network since last year. Some Muppet movies and specials still show up on that network on occasion.

Hubert

Reaction score
Since The Hub changed schedules this past September, Fraggle Rock has not been on The Hub. Now, that's not to say that it will never be back, since as far as we know, The Hub still has rights to show the series.

Maybe they're too busy warding off the racial slur claim. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
On the plus side, they just got the rights to Animaniacs. They even had a rare Christmas episode and the movie on to promote it. You know, the one where they use Slappy Squirrel's tree as the Tree in Rockefeller Center? Only saw that once online.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock's last showing on The Hub as of this date was June 1, 2012. By the end of it's first run, it was on only once a day in essentially a graveyard slot at 7AM. I'm sure it'll be back in time though. But on the other hand, The Hub still has tons of great shows... at least shows better than Teen "We show nothing but Drake & Josh and Zoey 101 all day" Nick.

robodog

Reaction score
I had the same problem when I first got The Hub. I was excited because I knew they aired Fraggle Rock, but found out that by the time I got it they no longer did. But they do run The Muppets Take Manhattan every once in awhile. And they also air ALF every Thursday which I really enjoy so it isn't a total loss.

Collgoff

Reaction score
:smile: I haven't see the show on the Hub since last Spring.

Hubert

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock's last showing on The Hub as of this date was June 1, 2012. By the end of it's first run, it was on only once a day in essentially a graveyard slot at 7AM. I'm sure it'll be back in time though. But on the other hand, The Hub still has tons of great shows... at least shows better than Teen "We show nothing but Drake & Josh and Zoey 101 all day" Nick.
Ah, yes, you are correct with June. I was thinking it was for the fall schedule even though that seemed a little too short of time to me, but now I remember.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Ah, yes, you are correct with June. I was thinking it was for the fall schedule even though that seemed a little too short of time to me, but now I remember.
I wouldn't be surprised if Fraggle Rock came back in the summer. The Hub has been making a habit of bringing back older shows for periods of time, presumably as filler, so I think it's only a matter of time before Fraggle Rock comes back, even if it's in the overnight hours. And who knows? Maybe other Henson shows will come to the schedule. Who wouldn't want to see Dinosaurs as part of their prime-time schedule?

Hubert

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if FR returned either. I have a feeling the absence is only a temporary one while the channel wanted to spotlight some other different shows, and that it will be making a return sometime soon.

Now I would LOVE to see Dinosaurs get in there. I haven't seen much of it, but I've liked what I've seen, so I'd love to see that on a more regular basis.