IS Fozzie M.I.A.?

beaker

Reaction score
I just gottas ask...has Fozzie been retired? Is he M.I.A.? Every indication seems to show that he has been retired, despite being one of the main 4 for the last quarter century. He was virtually MIA at Muppetfest officially, and was the only noticeably absent Muppet at the live show(even piggy was there, on video) Also, you havent seen him on any tv thing: Dennys, game shows, talk shows, nada. He was actually on the Weezer thing which is good,
and he had a NAscar car... but other than that he seems to have taken a vacation to Ma Bear's or something in recent times. He's not being phased out is he? I mean from the 25th 'muppetism' archive on henson.com to other stuff hes missing fromt he core group. Just wondering if anybody else has noticed his absense, or more so his M.I.A. status on several things?

Luke

Reaction score
He did the Capital Radio Takeover and as you say, the Weezer thing. Fozzie seemed to come back as a main character just a few months ago. Right now the guys are shooting the movie and i would think Fozzie is very much involved. Just think as the earlier appearances as ones where the new puppeteer had the chance to debut and finish polishing up the character and voice before the big movie and television shoots begin.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A NASCAR interview with Fozzie aired on Fox awhile back too.

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Right now the guys are shooting the movie and i would think Fozzie is very much involved.
Er... What movie?

beaker

Reaction score
Oh good, I was starting to wonder where our ol bear went! Good to see he's back from his hibernation!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
A Christmas movie for NBC.

And let's not forget the new Muppet series coming to Fox next year. Hopefully, all our questions will be answered then.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Actually the Denny's by us had posters suspended from the ceilings, one of Animal, one of Gonzo, one of Piggy and One Of Fozzie. So even though he wasn't on one of the commercials, he is a part of the campaign.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'VE NOT GONE M.I.A!!

I'm right here...unless you mean the REAL Fozzie???

He isn't retired, just taking a short ride in the back seat for a while I think. He'll be back, full swing!!

At least, he'd BETTER be...

FoZ

Oh, Lord Pompeii :wink: , they're talking about the Christmas movie due out on NBC this winter.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I also noticed that Fozzie is missing from the group picture on new Muppet Show 25th anniversary t-shirt which i thought was very strange, but he is one of 4 characters on the checks i just ordered.