1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Is Boober a nudist? :-)

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Jeffrey Gray, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

On BlueFrackle's FR site, there is a picture of some "naked" Fraggle puppets of Gobo, Red, Wembley, and Boober. However, seeing what the others look like without clothes makes me realize something: Boober is nude on the show! (Well, except for his hat...)

And I wonder...could Boober possibly be a nudist? And if he doesn't wear clothes, why is he always washing them? :)
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

LOL!!

Who knows, but if he is a nudist, I support his decision!!

*Runs thru house nekkid.* :zany:
  3. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Well, Boober DOES wear a scarf along with the hat too...but still that is considerably less than what the other main Fraggles wear (note the word main - several of the background Fraggles don't wear anything.)

Boober being Boober, I don't think it's that he's into nudism as he is fear of germs that clothes might carry (perhaps where he developed his laundry obsession). Interesting how the clothes he DOES wear (hat, scarf) are the items that one wears to keep from catching a cold!

d.w.mckim
    ...getting caught up on the forum again...

BTW - great avatar, YCDTOTV was a true classic!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. Fozzie Bear

Great to see you back, DW!!

Never thought about the hat and scarf fighting off colds like that. You'd think, though, he'd be more susceptible to getting ill by living in a cave with water set up in the great hall, especially while getting his hands all wet washing clothes, where there aren't many clothes to be worn. Not to mention that being nekkid leaves certain orifices open through which some germ or bacteria could get and make one sicker.

What he SHOULD have done was just spray disinfectant on himself and then cover himself with celophane.
  5. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

:rolleyes: Oh brother. What about Kermit huh? And don't forget Thig, Thog, Sam the Eagle,Rowlf, Oscar,Fozzie, Alexander Beetle, Elmo, Zoe,
    Robin, Big Bird, Wilkins, Wotkins, Cookie Monster....
    (good point dwmkim!)

- :zany:
  6. LOL, OMG, I never realized that either! How true! :)

If ya think about it, only Gobo, Red, and Wembley wore shirts. And while Mokey wore a "sweater", it wasn't the typical sweater, it was more like a robe-y thingy.

:flirt:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. Fozzie Bear

Now I wonder if Mokey was into 'flashing' people?? :concern:
    RedFraggleRocks likes this.
  8. She did in "The Incredible Shrinking Mokey!" LOL!

Look what she does to Begooney in her song "I'd Give My Soul"! :p
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  9. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Is there a nasty side to FR that I'm learning about just now?
  10. Only iffin' ya wish to see it as such. lol

:p
  11. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

No thanks, I don't think about the furry little creatures in that way.

(unlike some people I know)
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  12. LOL!

Nice touch with the li'l gray parenthetical postscript there...

:p
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  13. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

Alright, enough w/the dirty jokes a/b Fraggle Rock..... :rolleyes:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  14. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus New Member

I really don't think boober is a nudist, I think he just likes his hat and scarf! I personally prefer a hat and scarf instead of the dumb clothes boys wear these days, but I think I would get beat up too much!

Sir D.
  15. Joggy

Joggy Member

Yes, but in that episode she wore a blue sweater underneath. :D

Boober's hat and scarf are probably luck bringers. And who says that he's wearing less than the others? He has TWO pieces of clothing. Wembley only wears one banana tree shirt...
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. Fozzie Bear

He wears a hat and neck-tie, too.

I think it's kind of like mice in our walls, who don't wear anything. Fraggles weren't meant to wear clothes, but at some point just started, cause there are a LOT of nekkid Fraggles in the show's background.

I wanna be in the background.

Nekkid.
  17. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

What kind of disturbs me is when the Doozers go around naked.
    GopherCoffee and RedFraggleRocks like this.
  18. Klonoa

Klonoa New Member

Poor Boober...he's so busy doing all the other Fraggles' laundry that he never has time to do his own.

--Klonoa
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  19. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Boober, the nudist Fraggle. That would have been a very special episode of "Fraggle Rock."
  20. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

I've always noticed over the years that some puppets never wear or wore clothing,just their character trait I guess.Or like it was mentioned some have very little on,just one or two pieces or just accessories. :zany: