Iranian Conjoined Twins

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I was very saddened today to hear of the deaths of Laleh and Ladan Bijani. The surgery they undertook was very risky, but they went ahead with optimism knowing how dangerous the operation would be. I had hoped the hospital would be able to pull off a miracle and give these remarkable women a chance to pursue their separate dreams. What a sad situation... :cry:

And just yesterday, I just watched a special about the Columbia disaster, and everything that went wrong. That was such a terrible tragedy, and so much like Challenger, which was my first recollection of a national tragedy. It seems like so many bad things have happened lately. We need some good news! :frown:
Erin

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yeah, I was up early (don't really go to sleep 'til 6 :stick_out_tongue:) and heard that one of the twins died and the other was critically ill, then before you know it they were BOTH dead. Pretty sad.

And yeah we've had some bad news lately, e.g. It's like nearly a celebrity dies every day (Katharine Hepburn, Barry White, Buddy Ebsen and others) and of course the ongoing war. But I'm sure there's good news somewhere, just depends when you watch.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
that's awful...I hadn't heard about it until just now....I didn't wake up early enough to catch the news....

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's like I always say: "The sun still shines on the other side of the storm cloud."