invisible beaker with flaw

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by towels
Given that we are the minority of purchasers of this line, our "trivial" complaints likely represent many more unseen errors.
Y'know thats how i see it - but apparently others don't and i think Ken mentioned that the reports of these kind of things were low elsewhere. Personally, by the laws of averages, i can't see that as ringing true once all the facts and figures are in but heh ho !

beaker

Reaction score
Ok, because were vocal we might bring up factory errors that others might not care about. But really, the downfall of a line isnt because Annikin Skywalker has c-3po's head and a missing light sabre...its because of poor sales via lack of interest.

Luke

Reaction score
Well a lot of the factory errors people brought up were things that an ordinary person would care about. Something being stuck in your invisible Beaker, Arms and Legs breaking, Blood on the packaging, glasses breaking off - all things that i don't think we are being overly picky about. I'm not complaining but i'm just saying that by the laws of average, if in a small community of 600 people you get 15 faulty figures, then in a production run of a few thousand there are likely quite a few more.

Now if i had a kid i WOULD be complaining. There is absolutely no way i would trust a young child with these figures from all the reports i've heard about them - it baffles me how something this articulate and detailed is apparently suitable for children a few years old. I would have considered them more adult/collector pieces. All you'd need is one serious accident and Palisades and Henson's repuation will be dirt - thats why i hope they really get a grip on this factory problem for Wave 2 production.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>thats why i hope they really get a grip on this factory problem for Wave 2 production<<<

from the sounds of it, it sounds like Ken and the company are closely trying to monitor the factory and production. These figures however, are intended for the mature collector, as ironic as I know that sounds. That's why a Muppet line for the wee folks might be cool, as you just know the more older collector would want that too. Look at that toddler Star Wars figure line, huge amongst even older collectors and completists.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
[BThese figures however, are intended for the mature collector, as ironic as I know that sounds.[/B]
Yup, i understood that - but these figures are still marked up 4 years old or something, and have to go through the same safety checks (that they've luckily passed) otherwise they wouldn't have any chance of making it into TRU. I guess it's the fact that only a very small percentage of kids will ever play with these would decrease the chances of any accidents hopefully. Still, getting a stronger grip on the problem in Wave 2 is much needed and i'm sure everything has its teething problems.

WOMAN! WOMAN!

Reaction score
no picture yet

Originally posted by Aerosmith
Got a pic? Cause I would really like to see it. :smile:

Not pic at the moment -- have to borrow a digicam first. But because of the plastic wrapper and the smallness of the paper piece (if that's what it is), I don't know if you'll be able to see much. I'll post to this forum when it gets on eBay, if that's allowed.

Thanks for your opinions. It's started more of a discussion than I anticipated. Now I feel so special. :big_grin:

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
That's still better than the sealed 1980 Empire Strikes Back Hoth Han Solo figure I have with bugs stuck to the tape holding Han's blaster to the inside of the bubble. Bleah!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Louis Kazagger

That's still better than the sealed 1980 Empire Strikes Back Hoth Han Solo figure I have with bugs stuck to the tape holding Han's blaster to the inside of the bubble. Bleah!
That's discusting,...what kindof bugs?;-)

Zack)Rowlf the, just let jabba eat them;-)Dog.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
They look like really tiny tiny worms, or caterpillars.

Here's a funny. I got my Muppet Labs playset, and opened it up so that my son and I could play with it. My wife noticed a very small beetle crawling on some of the discarded packaging. I wondered if it was a Hong Kong beetle that had been trapped inside the box, and with everything going on with the Chinese predatory snakehead fish, I promptly did my civic duty to help protect my ecology by squashing it. Yay for me, I'm a hero! :wink: Not like the yutz that decided it was a good idea to take his two snakehead fish out of his fishtank two years ago and drop them into a local pond. :rolleyes: