invisible beaker with flaw

WOMAN! WOMAN!

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I have an Invisible Beaker that appears to have a flaw in it: a little piece of dirt or something (looks like a tiny torn piece of brown paper bag) is floating inside Beaker's stomach (apparently Beaker eats paper).

I don't want to keep it. I like VC Beaker better. (Insert a *gasp* and a few "Is she nuts?" here.) Planning to put it on eBay. I'm not a collector, so I'm not sure if this factory flaw is desirable and should be advertised, or if that makes an Invisible Beaker less valuable. Of course, I will tell the buyer the truth about it, but I was wondering if it should emphasized as a plus for collectibles reasons.

Opinions welcome. :smile:

kane31666

Reaction score
Knowing some of the people on e-bay if you say that there is a piece of paper in the stomach, they might consider it a rare variant, when it was just an accident. Therefore you might get some to bid on it for more than it's really worth.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Got a pic? Cause I would really like to see it. :smile:

kansasteen14

Reaction score
It would probably get more on ebay because of that,but I also wouldnt want to keep it,so sell it on ebay.

Luke

Reaction score
You oughta mention this to Ken when he looks in - i think he has a list of flawed figures and things that he is going to use to kick butt in China - if it's paper then its probably the 'Go' order for the San Diego Animal exclusive that was messed up ! LOL !

beaker

Reaction score
>>> i think he has a list of flawed figures and things that he is going to use to kick butt in China<<<

Yeah, because those super poor factory workers dont have enough problems in life, let alone slaving away all day for pennies.
Ok I had to say it...people complaining about little missing accessories and stuff is so trivial.

Luke

Reaction score
Well Cory that might be right, but still, if they are being paid to do a job, then it's their reponsibility to do it. If Ken didn't correct them when there are flaws in the figures then the next thing we could be seeing a little kid choking on a broken arm, or getting cut on a sharp edge. D'ya really think the Muppets need that right now ? Nope !

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
>>> i think he has a list of flawed figures and things that he is going to use to kick butt in China<<<

Yeah, because those super poor factory workers dont have enough problems in life, let alone slaving away all day for pennies.
Ok I had to say it...people complaining about little missing accessories and stuff is so trivial.
How horrible! Those people are getting paid in a foreign currency? Truly barbaric.
Actually most factory workers in Asia are paid pretty well compared to the national average (their nation, not ours). Some factories even offer educational opportunities for their workers. If it wasn't for factory work most of them would be having to try to scrape together a living off of farming.
That being said, Ken has a right to expect certain production quality standards. Given that we are the minority of purchasers of this line, our "trivial" complaints likely represent many more unseen errors. If the factory can't perform up to standard then Palisades, and us as consumers, are benefited by Ken making them fix the problems, or moving to a more reliable factory.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Well Cory that might be right, but still, if they are being paid to do a job, then it's their reponsibility to do it. If Ken didn't correct them when there are flaws in the figures then the next thing we could be seeing a little kid choking on a broken arm, or getting cut on a sharp edge. D'ya really think the Muppets need that right now ? Nope <<<

true, very good point. but thats why I am so adament about slightly bigger minis...
as its hard to fathom any little kid's parents are even buying the 6" line for them. I believe a huge gap is not being met with the advent of the 6" and mega line.

beaker

Reaction score
towels:

>>>
Actually most factory workers in Asia are paid pretty well compared to the national average (their nation, not ours). Some factories even offer educational opportunities for their workers. If it wasn't for factory work most of them would be having to try to scrape together a living off of farming. <<<

hey, just trying to liven things up in happy happy joy joy land here. yeah, I guess coniditons there are better. still...man i think we are all grateful to live in more developed countries. i mean spending 16 hours a day spraying a dot on a miss piggy tea pot playset must be quite tedious.

That being said, Ken has a right to expect certain production quality standards. Given that we are the minority of purchasers of this line, our "trivial" complaints likely represent many more unseen errors. If the factory can't perform up to standard then Palisades, and us as consumers, are benefited by Ken making them fix the problems, or moving to a more reliable factory.<<<

hey, thats why ken moved to palisades from the sinking ship of resauraus toys.