Introduction

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Hi, folks. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name's Erin, and I'm an English major in Erie, PA. I'm an avid reader. I especially like children's books and fantasies, and Middle Earth and Narnia top the list of my favorite fantasy worlds.

I grew up with the Muppets, especially Sesame Street, and my favorite Sesame Street song is "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon." I'm also a big fan of Simon and Garfunkel, John Denver, Billy Joel, Don McLean, Alvin and the Chipmunks (guilty grin) and many others, mostly from the 60s and 70s. I'm a big fan of Star Trek and Veggie Tales, and an even bigger fan of Winnie-the-Pooh.

I do a lot of writing and hope to publish a book or two someday. In the meantime I write reviews for Epinions (www.epinions.com/user-bilbopooh). I'm starting my senior year of college now, and I think I've never needed the Muppets more! So I'm looking forward to reading and posting here. I'll be around!
Erin

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Hi Erin!!

Welcome to the Muppet Forum :smile: It's really cool that you like writing. I do a lot of writing too - mainly childrens books and some short-stories.

I'm sure the muppets will get you through college :smile: They got me through two years of working in the UK

Joggy

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Erin!

I am the entertainer, and I know just where I stand
Another serenader, and another long haired band... :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Welcome Erin, Always good to welcome another fellow Chipmunks fan ! :stick_out_tongue:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Thanks everybody! :big_grin: It's nice to meet you.

And glad to hear I'm not the only one who can get enjoyment out of Alvin's high-pitched antics, Luke!
Erin

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
*cheers*

Yes! I'm not the only Veggie-fan around here anymore (at least, the only one I know of)! So, do you have a favorite Veggie? Mine's Archibald (can't wait for Jonah).

So you're an English major, eh? What school are you attending in Eerie, PA and what do you plan on doing with your degree once you graduate (if anything)? Personally, I don't know what the heck I'm going to do. All I know is that the idea of teaching doesn't really appeal to me, even though my mother says it'd be good because I love kids. Yes Mom, I love kids but not that much.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Nice to meet you, Skeeter! I'm crazy about Archibald, too, and I can't wait for the movie. I said one time if they ever did Jonah then Archie should play the part, and whaddya know? :wink: Probably my favorite is Larry, though. And I also freely admit to having a light-up, singing Jr. Asparagas.

As far as school goes, I've got a year left at Penn State Erie and I have no idea what I'm doing after that. Barring the slim chance of publishing a best-seller in the next year (ha-ha), I've got a blank slate in front of me. :confused: I also love kids but cannot imagine myself being a teacher.
Erin

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by Don'tLiveonMoon
Nice to meet you, Skeeter! I'm crazy about Archibald, too, and I can't wait for the movie. I said one time if they ever did Jonah then Archie should play the part, and whaddya know? :wink: Probably my favorite is Larry, though. And I also freely admit to having a light-up, singing Jr. Asparagas.
*laughs* Well, you've just one-upped me :wink: Although I do have several Veggie mp3s on my harddrive (and I think Pirates Who Don't Do Anything would make a hilarious TMS skit).

As far as school goes, I've got a year left at Penn State Erie and I have no idea what I'm doing after that. Barring the slim chance of publishing a best-seller in the next year (ha-ha), I've got a blank slate in front of me. :confused: I also love kids but cannot imagine myself being a teacher.
Erin
Yeah, I've probably got another semester to go myself after this (I'm currently beginning my senior year), and I'm being as realistic as possible about the whole "publishing a best-selling novel" thing. Heck, I had trouble finding a summer job this past summer break!

So, its apparant that Ernie is your favorite Muppet. Do you have any others? For me, you could say that Skeeter and Scooter are tied for fave Muppet.

-Kim

radionate

Reaction score
Welcome Erin,

Just so you know, I didn't start the fire (I'd cast an eye towards Chris actually. He's known for stuff like that)

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Welcome Erin,

Just so you know, I didn't start the fire (I'd cast an eye towards Chris actually. He's known for stuff like that)
:big_grin: