International skits on Youtube...

Erine81981

Reaction score
Wow! The music does sound like it's was re-record for their version but it sounded alot better then ours. But i would still go with English version just because i can understand it and be able to sing along. Everytime i try to sing along with a skit from other countries with the version i know i seem to get lost and start singing their langue even tho i don't know how to say any of the words.

ISNorden

Reaction score
*nods* I know Norwegian when I see/hear it; if that "world's greatest counter" sketch had been in German, I wouldn't have been able to post a comment in the same language. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
*nods* I know Norwegian when I see/hear it; if that "world's greatest counter" sketch had been in German, I wouldn't have been able to post a comment in the same language. :smile:

What stuck out for me was the title said "Ernie og Bert" and not "Ernie und Bert"

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Okay, okay. I get it; I need to work on my languages. *sits at school desk and studies*

Aleal

Reaction score
Just to clarify on the Irish stuff, there are two different shows, one for Northern Ireland and one for Ireland itself.

The "Play With Me Sesame" is just a dub, produced entirely seperately, and airing in Ireland (which is an independent country while NI is still part of the United Kingdom). It's airing on TG4, a network which produces original and dubbed programming in Irish/Gaelic (and can also be seen in Northern Ireland). So any dubbed clips on YouTube can only come from them

"Sesame Tree" is the co-production, almost entirely in English and with none of the US clips dubbed, produced by the BBC and airing in Northern Ireland, via the BBC's CBeebies block, the rest of the UK (anyone in the UK can even stream full episodes online), They're apparently addressing the language issues in short inserts, much the way the US version deals with Spanish: in one skit, a boy attends an Irish language school and learns about the language. In a metaphorical skit, the monster Muppet Potto meets the hare's family, but doesn't speak "hare."

So they're separate countries, separate shows, separate production companies, and air in separate languages.