International skits on Youtube...

Erine81981

Reaction score
8 minutes of susama Sokagi

And Mumford is referred to as Mahmoot (or Mahmood).
The weird thing is you can also hear the actual vocing in the background. So it's like they turned down the recording of it and then just redubbed it. Which i know is what other countries do when they show Sesame Street or other shows in their home land. But it's funny to hear the real vocies in the background.

Edit: You know i've always wonder about this and haven't been able to put my mind on it but i know that other Sesame Street shows also show skits or even sometime little street scenes from out version of Sesame Street but i've often wonder why doesn't the American version of Sesame Street don't show skits from around the world? As in why not have some of Japan, Dutch, German and other Sesame Streets that have their own characters have ever been shown in our country? You could have any of the Pupptteers dubb their voices too? I would love to see that happen here in our Sesame Street Show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Edit: You know i've always wonder about this and haven't been able to put my mind on it but i know that other Sesame Street shows also show skits or even sometime little street scenes from out version of Sesame Street but i've often wonder why doesn't the American version of Sesame Street don't show skits from around the world? As in why not have some of Japan, Dutch, German and other Sesame Streets that have their own characters have ever been shown in our country? You could have any of the Pupptteers dubb their voices too? I would love to see that happen here in our Sesame Street Show.
If you can believe it, Plaza Sesamo actually had some Canadian skits dubbed in Spanish. One where Basil couldn't tie his shoe, one about a girl in a wheel chair, and one about 2 girls singing about imagination.

I should add, that wasn't the international co-production of the Turkish series... it's the Open Sesame dub, and the link I provided has links to the rest of the episode.

Erine81981

Reaction score
If you can believe it, Plaza Sesamo actually had some Canadian skits dubbed in Spanish. One where Basil couldn't tie his shoe, one about a girl in a wheel chair, and one about 2 girls singing about imagination.

I should add, that wasn't the international co-production of the Turkish series... it's the Open Sesame dub, and the link I provided has links to the rest of the episode.
That's cool. I've just always thought why not do some of the skits from those certain SS from around the world so we could learn stuff from their countries.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's the real international stuff we want to see...

Moishe Oofnik and some guy with a guitar (have no idea what they're talking about)
Moishe Oofnik wears a piece of lettuce on his head and 2 bananas in his ears for no apparent reason... that I can understand.

Promo for Rechov Sesame

Sesame Strasse version of Can't Get No (Co-operation) I didn't know there was something at the end. I've only seen the Count it higher video version posted once.

Me Lost Me Cookei at the Disco as heard on Ireland's Sesame Tree

Erine81981

Reaction score
This is really weird to know that "Sesame Tree" isn't in english. If you go to their website it's in english. Even the characters have accents. But "Me Lost Me Cookie At The Disco" would be in english and not in whatever langue that is. But cool finds Drtooth. At first when you mentioned Moishe Oofnik with some guy with a gutiar. I thought it might be "Tommie" from "Sesamstraat" just because he has almost the same color as just a little bit lighter then Oofnik. And didn't even no that Oofnick was still with the newer cast of "Shalom Sesame." That is really cool to see him still at it. I've always wonder would Oofnick ever want to come and visit Oscar since them two are cousins and all. Thanks agian for the videos. Here are a few Sesamstraat that i've been watching.

Pino talk to Lex about him planting a dead tree and how it will grow into a big tree someday. (1985 or 86')

Tommie invents Zingdoos since he has no money to buy Lex a gift for his birthday.

Frank sings "Only to School Gaan" backup with Pino, Tommie and Ieniemienie. (sorry but my dictioary couldn't tell me what Gaan means, but could it mean again?)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
This is really weird to know that "Sesame Tree" isn't in english. If you go to their website it's in english. Even the characters have accents. But "Me Lost Me Cookie At The Disco" would be in english and not in whatever langue that is. But cool finds Drtooth.
Acctually, that clip doesn't come from Sesame Tree, it comes from Ireland's version of "Play With Me Sesame" (evidenced by the iris in).

Erine81981

Reaction score
Acctually, that clip doesn't come from Sesame Tree, it comes from Ireland's version of "Play With Me Sesame" (evidenced by the iris in).
Ok that makes more since. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Of course, it could just as easily be on Sesame Treet too, right? I mean, it is dubbed...

And you gotta love the way Cookie Monster said "Boogie Woogie" in English in Gaelic...