1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

International skits on Youtube...

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by Drtooth, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Thanks for letting us all know. I've been wanting to know about The Sesame Tree show being that i've seen clips in English and not in whatever Irish speaks. I just thought they had different ackcins (spelling not good) just in English. Thanks again.
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

3. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Personally, I was disappointed that was the "Shalom Sesame" dub (which I don't understand at all... I thought the program was made specifically for the US to learn about the region and see how their characters are portrayed...) when I first stumbled upon it a few months back. Being the huge Jerry Stiller fan I am, I was hoping someone would post a short clip of that as it appeared in English.
  5. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

I don't speak Hebrew myself, but the way the translators redid those cultural references in the lyrics amazed me. (If you ever saw the Spanish/English original, you know that it's so full of Mexican imagery that adapting the song to any other language and culture seems impossible.)
  6. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

8. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Pinball Count #10 in Norwegian

Since the copy on YouTube is gone (who knows why)? I thought I'd share this new copy from LiveVideo. Enjoy!
  9. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

11. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

12. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

13. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgmj9gHsBk4 2 names are as good as one (Hebrew/Arabic) (note: not speaking all that much Hebrew, I didn't even know what this one was about until I found the original English/Spanish version on Youtube)
  14. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Hmmm, so far I've seen this one in English, Spanish (no clip, just memories) and Hebrew (thanks to you). I wonder if any other versions are floating around out there?

P.S. to the moderators: I think this topic should get "sticky" status, just like the other links-to-clips threads. It certainly gets enough traffic for that! :)
  15. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

it's not in any of the Scandinavian languages?
  16. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Not that I've seen; the YouTube Sesame fans in Scandinavia haven't posted local versions yet, and the one Sesame Street broadcast I saw over in Sweden borrowed clips mostly from the 1980s.
  17. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

I saw one skit where Cookie Monster and Zoe Were talking about (and eating) Cookies in Hindi (I think); but it was dubbed
  18. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

19. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Here's one of the Ernie and Bert skits where Wim T. Schippers's (who does the voice of Ernie for Sesamstraat) voice is trying to sound like Jim's Ernie. I read that Schippers tried to sound like Jim's Ernie in the very beginning of any of the Ernie and Bert skits or songs but that down the road he started raising Ernie's voice to what it sounds like now.
  20. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member