International Sesame Muppets on the Macy's Parade

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Originally posted by pezbalubah
Do you think any of the characters were performed by regular muppeteers, or do you think it's just a bunch of Henson interns having a good time?
They were all Henson puppeteers, not all the original performers, but all puppeteers who worked for Henson at one time or another. As far as the foreign characters go, I don't believe any of them were performed by their actual performers. I know of at least a few that were being done by U.S. Muppeteers.
-Artie

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can sort of remember the characters, I have seen all the ones Warrick has listed, and I especially remember Zeliboba, Abelardo, and Moische Oofnik. Sadly missing were Kami, Pancho, the Merkatt (the animal that Timon is) from South Africa and the Porcupine from Rechov Sumsum. Maybe they didn't have access to Kami, or she was too controversial to use, I dunno.. bujt I really wanted to see Pancho...

Of course, they only showed the front and left side of the float, so there may have been other characters.

I do remember them using Elmo, Zoe, Rosita, Oscar, Telly, Big Bird, Ernie, Bert and the Count. Can't remember anyone else!

Very great moment in the parade!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Ryan,

I know it's pretty goach to post twice in a row, but...

Originally posted by *Warrick*

Dont you think Zeliboba is such a cool looking Muppet, That big long mouth, Those sneakers and his big nose!
Yeah! He looks like such a fun character. He's probably one of my faves, along with Pancho and Moishe Oofnik.

I remember seing a smal, short clip about the Russian one on MSNBC's Now and Again (or is it time and again?), and thought, man, he must have a huge following!

The piurple Egyptian one with the big chin looks fun too!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Tooth,

Hey,
The Meerkat is called Moshe, And the Purple Monster is called Filfil !

Zeliboba is great, Its great to see him in action to !

They way he walks and talks looks great!

See ya

Treelo

Reaction score
Usually the puppeteers have a minute to get set when they reach Herald Square. This year, NBC cut right in before the performers were ready - which is part of the reason one of the characters was caught with a "limp head" on camera.

I don't know if it was visible on camera, but one of the puppets on the top tier was having a rod issue - it hung out the window during the entire song....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey Warrick!

I see you have some pictures of the float on your site.

I wish I could have taped it, but I didn't have any video blank tapes with room, and even if I found one, it'd've been too late.

To anyone else
I've noticed that there was a Barrio Sesame sign on the float.. were any Barrio Sesame Characters there?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Tooth,

Hey,

Yeah, Those were donated by Michael (MuppetFan123) !

I dont think any Barrio Sesamo Muppets were on the float.

Id love to have that Street sign, with all those names !

See ya
Warrick

Effralyo

Reaction score
Warrick said:
Dont you think Zeliboba is such a cool looking Muppet, That big long mouth, Those sneakers and his big nose!

Those big sneakers, by the way, are called hobadues. I don't know why, perhaps, he made up his own name for them...
The way he walks and talks looks great!
Sure! Especially the way he laughs. I can't help but can't forget his "Hia, hia, hiaaaaaaaaaaah!...."
Whola-whola-whola! Don't you think how you made me turn sixteen cartwheels at once by these words??? Wanna know who performs him? Stanislav Klimushkin.
And first time as I saw Zelly in "US" premiere (1997), my first thought was, " What a S I D E B U R N S !!!". Well, and straight away I fell in love - firstly in the sideburns, then in their owner. :flirt: