Interesting Gulf War News

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I'm disappointed that we can't just have a mature discussion of the issues. The thread started off that way, but went another. It is not the topic that is inappropriate - it's the lack of respect for other points of view. Once the topic is made personal, or criticisms are harshly pointed at individual members, it's gone over the line. Effective communication is a two way street. It has to work on both ends to be successful. Once again, I will not point this at any particular person, but can we please be productive in our comments? Thanx.
I agree with you, Frogboy. As well as with what Kevin was saying earlier. I believe opinions can be stated without everyone getting into an uproar about it, and without people trying to press their opinions on others. I don't think this is quite what you were trying to get at, but...

"Effective communication is a two way street" as Frogboy said. respect for what people think is imperative in this world, and I've noticed on this thread quite a few people taking offense by minor things that can be easily over-looked. Sometimes these things weren't said about entire groups of people, just certain individuals.

And now, I have no idea what I just said.

tomahawk

Reaction score
This is not a war. See a war is when TWO armies are fighting. This is another Middle East distraction. Its a very expensive fireworks show. WOW, its so purrrttttyyyyyy. And it's really keeping our mind off of domestic issues. What perfect timing. Right in the middle of a fictitious presidential term. Falling popularity. Wag the dog? The reason we are bashing Bush is well....................... HE STARTED THIS MESS!!!!!!!!!!!! People keep trying to connect this with Sept. 11. THERE IS NO CONNECTION. People keep saying he's just like Hitler. Wow! What a wonderful way to get peoples fears growing and a "presidents" approval for going over and blowing the **** out of a country up. Lets just get this straight. All governments are lying. cheating, muderers.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I kinda agree. I mean, Bush.. well... his family helped him into power (who was the governer of the State that could have won the election for Gore...)

I mean, we wouldn't be in any of this mess, or Sept. 11 if we didn't go trying to jump in and "Help" fight everyone else's wars. I mean, This war is basically covering up our butts for helping Saddam get into power in the first place. And Afganistan would never have happened if the US government wasn't so afraid of Communism ("Oh my god!! Other countries are communists! Let's give our deadliest, most dangerous weopons to help stop the spread of Communism") and we would not be anywear if we didn't take sides on Israel.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
This is not a war. See a war is when TWO armies are fighting.
Your definition needs work. Remember the Korean War, or at least heard about it/learned about it in history class? The government just called that a "police action" instead of a war, and there were more than two armies - on BOTH sides - fighting that thing.

-Kim

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
It is become clearer and clearer that this debate isn't about the war in Iraq but being anti-Bush. For that reason and in keeping with the spirit of FozzieBear's post I too am walking away from this thread/debate. There is an old adage about never arguing politics or religion with friends.

This is the part where I ride off into the sunset . . . . . . . :cool:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree with you here. Kinda sad. It started so well, but deteriorated into a debate about the President, special interests not directly involved in the war conflict and namecalling. I’ll be around to make sure it doesn’t get out of hand, but I’m probably out of this too. :smirk:

tomahawk

Reaction score
I like when people walk away. They will just keep getting spoon-fed and believe all the orange threat-level, Saddams a Hitler, Bush is really president, his buddies in Texas aren't making money off of this war for "freedom", we'll change the titles on t.v. to reflect that this conflict is and always has been a war over terrorism, other countries aren't breaking u.n. resolutions that are just as terrifying as Saddams yet we will do nothing about it lies and propaganda. Just remember how much money it is costing to get one man. Than, everytime you pass a school bake sale so they can afford books, everytime you hear someone complain about overcrowded schools. Everytime you complain about gas prices and don't see alternative fuel cars being promoted and so on ans so on and so on.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
There's only ever been one thread I've walked away from. But, you guys are right. This is another.

I'm walking.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Its funny, everyone keeps saying why are you picking on poor, poor bush. Why, why? Stop, it's not about bush. It has everything to do with bush. Oh yeah and his friends that are making money on all of this.

www.realchange.org

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by tomahawk
This is not a war. See a war is when TWO armies are fighting.
Would you like to try and explain that to the families of the U.S and UK servicemen who have been killed in this war ? As i've said before, if Saddam isn't a 'hitler' then lets send you over for a sunny vacation in one of Iraq's torture or rape rooms and then ask you what you think after that huh ? I get what you're saying and yes, i'm sure there are probably other motivations why a country chooses to go to war with another at a time of their choosing but bottom line, if we just sat back and did nothing sooner or later then they would bring the war to us (remember how they've sponsored terrorist groups, had their OWN cells in the U.S who have been captured and interrogated, and trued to extend the range of their weapons) and we'd end up doing this whole thing after thousands of our own people had lost their lives again. The inspections clearly were never going to work without an honest account of what Saddam had and from what the inspectors found and what Iraq has launched at Kuwait there is clear hard proof they didn't do that.

To be honest you just seem so blinded by your anti-bush, anti-war feelings that you are speaking as if you are some tool of Saddam Hussein - the kind of stuff you talk about is exactly what he'd like the Americans to believe so he can save his butt and continue to mistreat the Iraqi people while making his regime stronger.