Info and Questions: Site and Server Move

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our site and forum move is now complete. Our DNS records are being updated which will take anywhere from 24-72 hours to reflect the change. In the meantime these links will be helpful.

Our site can be accessed at...

http://205.214.93.135

Our forum can be accessed at...

http://205.214.93.134/

If you type in "muppetcentral.com" or "forum.muppetcentral.com" you may receive the old server until the DNS records are updated around the world (in the next 24-72 hours).

Everything should be running considerably faster. Please let me know any questions or problems that you may have to report.

GWGumby

Reaction score
It looks to me like the server time is off. It's currently two hours ahead of my time.

Luke

Reaction score
Also probably a good idea to note that all the control panel links on the forum won't work until the DNS updates around the world - they are all linked to the forum.muppetcentral.com so if anyone wonders why they can't change avatars or search for a few hours, thats why.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The server time has been adjusted. It may need to be adjusted again after all the DNS records propagate. Just let me know here in this thread if things appear to be off.

The counter on the front page of the site will be updated shortly as well.

Let me know if you guys notice anything else.

anathema

Reaction score
Just for the record, it's now 2014 GMT, and the forum pages are reporting the time to be 1414 GMT. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if it stays out :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If everybody can check their various time zones now it would be great. The time has been adjusted on both our server and forum software.

If the time is still off: post what time zone you are in, what time it should be, and what time is being shown. (Keep in mind, with most cases the time WILL be off before you login to the forum).

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent. Thanks Alex. Keep 'em coming folks... We want to be sure this has been fixed for everyone.

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Times

Phil