In which Garfield is Jon told "Disco is dead you jerk!"?

Yorick

Reaction score
Which Garfield special (or episode?) has Jon on the dance floor being yelled at by a random person in the place, "Disco is dead you jerk!"? Anyone recall? Thanks! It's been years since I saw it, and I remember laughing so hard at that!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Garfield Gets a Life.

Last one produced because of the Saturday Morning series...

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Disco Lives!:smile:
Hahaha- well, I still love it anyway. (Along with many other music styles.)
And "Garfield Gets A Life" is a great special- I love Garfield too!

Yorick

Reaction score
Garfield Gets a Life.

Last one produced because of the Saturday Morning series...
Thank you! I was wondering for so long!

Disco Lives!
Hahaha- well, I still love it anyway. (Along with many other music styles.)
And "Garfield Gets A Life" is a great special- I love Garfield too!
Ha, I'm with ya! I love the real raw rock 'n' roll like nobody's business, but that doesn't mean I can't respect and love disco too! :smile: As you say, the more the merrier with the music styles!

And yes, Garfield will always be really cool in my book! Lucky for us, Garfield and Friends was a great cartoon series (I'm happy to have season 1 on DVD), and we still have all the original wonderful TV specials as well. I hope the TV specials are all on DVD - please excuse my ignorance, but I only know about the Holiday specials DVD when it comes to those.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
And I love the "Garfield and Friends" cartoon as well- I think I've got one of the seasons on DVD that I picked up at Target a while back- every so often they have some pretty cool TV series on DVD for a nice, cheap price that I can actually afford.:big_grin:
And "The Garfield Show" on Cartoon Network is really quite good too- if you like Garfield, you should check that one out if you can.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And yes, Garfield will always be really cool in my book! Lucky for us, Garfield and Friends was a great cartoon series (I'm happy to have season 1 on DVD), and we still have all the original wonderful TV specials as well. I hope the TV specials are all on DVD - please excuse my ignorance, but I only know about the Holiday specials DVD when it comes to those.
Are those even still in print? I never managed to pick them up... and the address given for Amazon somehow doesn't work.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Garfield to this day is still one of my favorite cartoon characters. I have some of his specials on DVD and VHS, he was the first cartoon character I learned to draw, and Jim Davis actually before Jim Henson was my inspiration for getting into art, and drawing, etc.I had the pleasure of meeting him many years ago in my teens at a local store that sold animation cels. They used to have great in store appearances. I met Virgil Ross (the WB cartoonist, Joe Barbera, and John Kricfalusi there). Jim Davis was very sweet and signed my "Garfield fat pack" book which was the first 3 Garfield comic books in one big volume. I also have a signed cel from Garfield and Friends that my parents got me at the time. It's of him and Odie walking down the sidewalk. Not sure which episode it's from....It's hanging up in my condo that I moved into recently :smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Sorry that Amazon link didn't work- try this one. http://www.garfield.com/shopping/dvd_collection.html

This will take you right to Garfield's official site- and there's a link there for the various Garfield specials and TV shows on DVD, which redirects you to a list of them on Amazon
Most of them seem to still be in print- but you can also get them used for pretty cheap.:smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Hey- that's really cool that you got to meet Jim Davis, Melissa. Thanks for sharing the story.:smile: