In Silly Creature years: Fraggle ages

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Heya! So I sometimes have wondered that even though the Fraggles--at least the Fraggle Five--are meant to be kind of ageless (which I think is really interesting), obviously some of them at least look and act respectively older and younger than others. So I wanted to start a discussion about how old you think some of the Fraggles would be if they were humans! Consider these my guesstimations about the Fraggle Five:

:smirk: 17-19
:dreamy: 20-ish
:coy: 13-15, possibly younger
:sigh: ...rather hard to place! He acts like he's ancient a lot of the time haha. Let's say 17-19?
:excited: 16-17

Hubert

Reaction score
Hm, interesting discussion. My biggest problem is that most of the Fraggles, well, it's hard to place an age group on them. They aren't children, yet they aren't adults, yet, they're just kinda ageless.

As most people, I figured Mokey is probably the oldest of the five, and then probably Boober, then Gobo and Red, then Wembley, if I had to place them all. Not sure what their exact ages for me might be yet.

The strange thing about ages is that it seems like all the other Fraggle seem older. Characters like Large Marvin and Convincing John and all sorts of minor characters are obviously older, making it seem like the Fraggles might possibly be kids or teens.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I do think that while the show is quick not to label them with ages, to me, all the Fraggle five seem to be loosely around the same age. If I had to put them in order of oldest to youngest, I'd go Mokey, Boober, Gobo, Red, then Wembley. I think they're all around the range from early twenties to late teens. I look at Wembley's problems with picking his job in one of the early episodes as sort of like him graduating from high school.

Slackbot

Reaction score
In my mind, Fraggles don't have the same life cycle and culture as Silly Creatures, so ages might not correspond neatly at all. They're all old enough to live on their own, make their own decisions, and risk their lives, which is definitely adulthood for us. But they all display a kind of youthful innocence and idealism--yes, even Boober. Red and Gobo often act like adolescents, all too eager to assert themselves in the big world and take all sorts of risks, and Wembley is clearly a kid brother who is growing up a bit at a time.

We see very few very young or very old Fraggles. That implies to me that they have life cycles (there has to be a better word than that, but I don't know what it is) similar to that of a dog or cat: relatively short childhood, long adulthood, with old age setting in at the end and not lasting all that long.

In my thinking, the Fraggle five, in order of oldest to youngest, are Mokey, Boober, Red/Gobo, and Wembley. Mokey and Boober are post-adolescent, Red and Gobo are adolescent, and Wembley is preadolescent.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
The strange thing about ages is that it seems like all the other Fraggle seem older. Characters like Large Marvin and Convincing John and all sorts of minor characters are obviously older, making it seem like the Fraggles might possibly be kids or teens.
I believe that is exactly why I guesstimated them as relatively young but still a bit matured, and didn't even know why myself!
I think they're all around the range from early twenties to late teens. I look at Wembley's problems with picking his job in one of the early episodes as sort of like him graduating from high school.
Awesome point :smile:
Mokey and Boober are post-adolescent, Red and Gobo are adolescent, and Wembley is preadolescent.
Particularly interesting statement based on character!

ncchuck

Reaction score
imo I think they might be hundreds of years old, they have to live deep under ground to have a whole other ecosystem within another the gorgs are 20 feet high or over and they have light from either our sun or another source, so i dont think our version of time applies to fraggles . but I never know what i am talking about so i probly am wrong.

Hubert

Reaction score
I do think that while the show is quick not to label them with ages, to me, all the Fraggle five seem to be loosely around the same age. If I had to put them in order of oldest to youngest, I'd go Mokey, Boober, Gobo, Red, then Wembley. I think they're all around the range from early twenties to late teens. I look at Wembley's problems with picking his job in one of the early episodes as sort of like him graduating from high school.
I like that relation to Wembley and the job picking episode. That does make sense, considering Wembley seemed to be the only character who did not yet have a job.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
imo I think they might be hundreds of years old, they have to live deep under ground to have a whole other ecosystem within another the gorgs are 20 feet high or over and they have light from either our sun or another source, so i dont think our version of time applies to fraggles . but I never know what i am talking about so i probly am wrong.
That's true! Junior as you may know is 493 years old. (about)