I'm FAMOUS!

Struble

Reaction score
The comic I put together got mentioned in the new issue of Wizard -- the big comicbook magazine. That is amazing for a book without a distributor!

My comics are not recomended for children, btw. We swear from time to time.

Yay, me!

Sh.

beaker

Reaction score
VERY cool man! Congrats! Several people Ive known have had a comic released professionally to comic stores nationally recently, which is my goal for next year.(Plan to start work soon on it, and solicit it to Diamond Distributor by Spring time)

Btw, is your comic out in comic stores nationally? That's cool ya got your book published.

As for online comic strips, my fave of the moment is www.megatokyo.com

PS: Man I wish I knew how to do that flash or shockwave stuff for a website! gah. o_0

Struble

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Btw, is your comic out in comic stores nationally? That's cool ya got your book published.
Unfortunately not yet. Diamond is scared of touching anthologies these days. So currently the only way you can get it is to order it directly from me. It's a good book gots lots of cool kids in it! Like Jim Mahfood, Scott Morse, Ernie Colon, Jose Garibaldi, me and many more. Like Wizard says, you'd be hard pressed to find a cooler book. :smile:

Sh.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Very cool. I have been over at your site several times. It's a very slick, clean design - not to mention the great content. You are a very talented guy!

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah I love the flash on that site! Each comic is like a psuedo cartoon in flash!

It's cool youve been able to assemble a neat small roster of talent...might I ask, which particulair title do you do?(the United Front one?)

Diamond didnt pick you guys up? Hmm. It's odd, as all the local comic book stores near me have had a new rennaisance in small press and indie title stuff(SLG, Oni, etc)

Did you ever do fanzines/self published kinkos ashcan halfsize stuff? Ive been doing that for years, but seriously plan to finally seek the pro comic release route next spring. If youre familair with Jhonen Vasquez/SLG/Oni titles, as well as Dreamwave Production stuff its kind of a cross between(colorful, wacky, existential manga influenced stuff...very 'Cory'-eque)

Btw Jamie, how's your flash toon coming?

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Man... I know so little.

I never even knew this site existed. Or any of these other sites I've been obessesively going to for the past few days.

I've never even been into mainstream comics, so of course I know nothing of indy comics! But now... well, first I went to your cartoonmilitia.com, then I started going to the other links... and those people's other links... and now I find myself absolutely obsessed, and wishing I had a credit card to order everything at all these sites! >< Thanks for corrupting me!

Hee, seriously though, congrats on the mention in that magazine! AND YOUR SITE ROCKS!!! I seriously am obsessed.

^_^ Debo

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
I AM SO STUPID!!!

GAH!!! I hit "Post new Thread" instead of "Post Reply"!! It was SUPPOSED to go under Struble's "I'm FAMOUS!" thread... but because of my stupidity, it ended up as a new thread... grrrrrrrrr! Is there anyway to move this post to where it belongs? Or at least DELETE it?

Man, I feel like an idiot.

^_^ Debo

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Debo,

Just moved it for you. Hopefully things are better now.

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
I hope I hit "Post Reply" this time!

Thanks a bunch, Phil! I feel a little less stupid now.

^_^ Debo

beaker

Reaction score
Don't worry, this style of forum takes some time to get used to.
I realize I do indeed like the style btter than the old delphi forum as it seems much more crisper and bigger.