I'm curious...

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I think I know a lot of people's real names, but I get the impression that some people (like say you, Snowthergeist and Beau) are sensitive about using their real names, so I just use your screen names on MC and their real names in more private settings, like e-mail. I prefer to call people by their real names when I know they're comfortable with it. I prefer when people call me Dave too, which most people do.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
The part that creeps me out isn't you guys knowing my name, it's that ANYONE can find out by coming onto MC and post-stalking. Call me paranoid, but after being a member for over 3 years it's entirely plausible that I or anyone here has left a fair amount of info lying about for creepers to collect and use to chase after us. Although, I am extremely aware of these things when I post; more than other people, I think. But you can never be too careful. Like I said before, certain people know certain things and that's fine, but I will never use my name on the forum, ever; if someone ever used my name by accident, which wouldn't happen, I would probably get a mod to edit their post. It's like Dave said, it's a comfort level thing and some people are really sensitive about it. I am one of those people.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Eh, I don't worry about it, nobody wants to be me anyways, so I really don't care putting my name out there. Nor does anybody wanna stalk me so it's not a big deal. That's just me though.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Eh, I don't worry about it, nobody wants to be me anyways, so I really don't care putting my name out there. Nor does anybody wanna stalk me so it's not a big deal. That's just me though.

Daniel
Daniel Croxton: The Pessimistic Optimist.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
The Pessimistic Optimist....that is the strangest combo in the history of combos....XD

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
The part that creeps me out isn't you guys knowing my name, it's that ANYONE can find out by coming onto MC and post-stalking. Call me paranoid, but after being a member for over 3 years it's entirely plausible that I or anyone here has left a fair amount of info lying about for creepers to collect and use to chase after us. Although, I am extremely aware of these things when I post; more than other people, I think. But you can never be too careful. Like I said before, certain people know certain things and that's fine, but I will never use my name on the forum, ever; if someone ever used my name by accident, which wouldn't happen, I would probably get a mod to edit their post. It's like Dave said, it's a comfort level thing and some people are really sensitive about it. I am one of those people.
Absolutely the same here. I know a lot of you know my first name, but PLEASE, PLEASE, refer to me as AM or anythingmuppet..again, it is a comfort level thing too. And yeah, there are a lot of people out there who can just come on here and access this kind of information, so yeah. :smirk:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Daniel Croxton: The Pessimistic Optimist.
First off, how do you know my last name Snowseph? Second off, isn't that an Oxymoron? and lastly, and sadly, that actually makes sense.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
First off, how do you know my last name Snowseph? Second off, isn't that an Oxymoron? and lastly, and sadly, that actually makes sense.

Daniel
1. YOU told me!
2. That's exactly what I am, minus the "oxy" prefix.
3. It's true I'm afraid.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Absolutely, I'm the same way. The more information you give, even accidently, the easier it is for people to track you down.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I've known you're real name to, Snowth. But it was out of respect for privacy of you're name that I never said it. Now that the cat's out of the bag...