1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

I'm an organ donor. LoL!

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Slackbot, Apr 1, 2012.

1. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

--------------------
    I keep mine too short to do this, but yes, a great cause.

Anyone know whether clinics would test your organs for anything which might prevent an eventual donation without charging an arm and a leg (so to speak, wocka wocka) for it? I think mine could be donated, except maybe the kidneys, but have never known how to find out. (Some bad self-destructive things in my 20s. Ancient history, but may still affect some of my insides.)

---------------
  2. Slackbot Well-Known Member

Hmmm, that's a very good question. I've made it clear to my family that I want my organs to be recycled if they're in good enough condition when I die. I can't give blood because USDA says I'm at risk for Mad Cow disease, but I wonder of they'd turn down my organs for something so incredibly unlikely? I'd think someone who needed a heart would welcome one even if its donor was in the UK for more than 3 months in the late '80s. I'd also like to know if there might be anything else that could complicate the matter.
  3. mo Well-Known Member

I would definately donate my organs if I die but from what it seems I have at least 70 years to go...
  4. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Neato. I wish I could grow my hair long enough to do that. But if you've ever had the misfortune of seeing me when my hair gets longer than 3 inches past my shoulders you will realize how greasy and knotted it gets. Probably not the best hair. Its thick though. I've been told I have hair like a lion :p
  5. gonzosgirl1987 Active Member

i love the fact that you donate your hair i have before when it was long now i'm waiting for it to grow back again its really sad that your friend reacted that way when you were being a good person and doing a good deed guess you learn quickly who you need in your life and who never mattered and katzi428 i think you're a great person as well by donating what you can it all goes to a good cause and somebody is thanking you for it
  6. mo Well-Known Member

I still think my hair's too short...I don't even wash it every day!
  7. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

How people can go without washing their hair mystifies me. I can't go one day without washing my hair. Two days and I could use the grease that builds up to style it :smirk:
    mo likes this.
  8. mo Well-Known Member

I don't know I just don't like baths!
  9. kyunkyua Active Member

I'd love to do something like that...but my hair is just a ball of frizz. The only people who'd want it would probably be insane. XD
    Congrats on having decent enough hair to do it!
  10. mo Well-Known Member

my hair's not bad but I used to have it really short so I 'm growing it!