If you were having a Muppet dinner party...

Gonzo

Reaction score
This is an attempt to get off of the action figures subject for a minute...

Here's the scenario:

You and your significant other are hosting a dinner party, and you can invite eight Muppets--from any series or setting (i.e. Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, etc...). Which eight Muppets would you invite, and is there any reasoning behind it?

Here's who Melissa and I would invite over:

Kermit (of course--my hero and best friend)
Piggy (the sweetest bacon ever)
Gonzo (my other hero and best friend)
Janice (for her naughtiness and so we could call Byron and leave all kindsa messages for him)
Sam (the voice of reason)
Grover (because I love him...and so he can NOT serve the food)
Oscar (to get into "discussions" with Sam)
Mokey (because you need a free spirit at dinner parties)

I think that's who I'd pick.

Any ideas for your own Muppet Dinner Party?

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

statler&waldorf

Reaction score
Statler
Waldorf
Sweetums
Gonzo
Rowlf
Big Bird
Bert
Ernie

I wanted Oacar and Cookie monster, but they are just not good dinner guests, so I skipped on them. And Snuffy is just to big, he couldn't even fit in the door

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
Janice (for her naughtiness and so we could call Byron and leave all kindsa messages for him)
LOL! It's nice to be remembered, Quinn, even if it's only to torment me...

Anyway, here are my 8:

Janice
Mokey
(do I even need to explain those?---My Muppet soulmates, for anyone who doesn't know)

Count Von Count---my favorite SS Muppet

Sam the Eagle---another big favorite TMS character, and it's be such a hoot to watch him keep gettin' flustered

Rowlf---a good solid guy, and some nice dinner and after-dinner music

Gobo---another good fraggle presence, and the one I idolized as a little boy

Gunge---it'd be neat to see him separated from Philo, and to maybe learn some more about his, Philo's, and the Trash Heap's history

Grover---I love the guy, and ya gotta have him around.

There would be more I'd like to have, but these are the Top 8 that came to my mind---well, apart from the Top 2, which are always in my mind...

Salmoto

Reaction score
Kermit - The calm in the storm.

Piggy - She adds a little class and glamour to an outing.

Gonzo - He'd have lots of interesting stories, and he'd play with the food, and we can borrow eachother's shirts. :big_grin:

Fozzie - He seems to enjoy a meal, and he could tell a few jokes.

Johnny Fiamma - Providing some soothing after dinner music. He probably has some stories to tell too. and he could provide us with somma 'da sauce......

Sal - To keep the other guests in line in front of Johnny!

Pepe - We have a lot in common, ok.....?

Robin - I never had a dinner partry without at least one kid. Robin would be the most mature child I've ever had at one. :stick_out_tongue:

radionate

Reaction score
I worked on this all day. Dinner parties take careful planning don't you know. Since I'm not one whose into formal dinner parties, it took quite a lot of thought on my part. Here it goes:

Kermit – I mean, who wouldn’t?
Bean Bunny – My favorite as a kid, I’d have to see if he’s really that cute in person
The Cat in the Hat – I’d invite him, because he’s a Hoot, and if you will notice, he’s already wearing a suit!
Marvin Skuggs – For a little Dinner Music
Statler – To keep it all real
Fozzie Bear – For Entertainment Purposes
Frazzle from S.S. – I always liked him, and it would give him exposure to make a comback
Tutter – He’s one of my newest favorites, and would be a great conversation starter
Robin – I guess I just have a thing for the little guys.
And Gorgan Heap - so I wouldn’t have to worry about cleaning everything up. I’d just let him eat it all.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Kermit
Gonzo
Beaker
Animal
Fozzie
Piggy
Swedish Chef
Rowlf

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
1 Kermit - gotta have the frog
2 Pepe - love the prawn
3 Gonzo - i just seem to relate to him
4 Scooter - haven't seem him in a while
5 Janice - ditto
6 Rowlf - could play some tunes after we eat
7 Sal - he cracks me up and he deserves a night off
8 Bo Bo - deserves some fun too and he still eats less than Miss Piggy

I didn't want to pick one fraggle without the others and even though Muppets are funny when they upstage each other none of these guys would hog the conversation too much.

Luke

Reaction score
Ok myself and the current Mrs Robbins (in waiting) would invite these lucky eight fuzzy friends :-

(1) Elmo :- Ok so he would BE Dinner once he got annoying
(2) Fozzie Bear :- I don't like Tomatoes - so i could throw them at him !
(3) Gonzo :- Just an all round cool guy, and my girlfriend has a nose similar to his so they'd have a lot to talk about - plus he could build me a hot tub in the garden.
(4) Miss Piggy :- Gotta have her - there are so many different things you can do with pork nowdays.
(5) Pepe The Prawn :- As seen in MFS, would be a good after dinner Poker player. Hopefully we can get the girls drunk and make it 'Strip Poker'.
(6) Rizzo Rat :- Another all round cool guy.
(7) Clueless Morgan :- I like him, but he's clueless so he'd better remember his table manners or else he'll go the same was as Elmo, Goat is a delicacy in some countries y'know !
(8) A Muppet Penguin - So we could discuss business of a gratuitous nature, and generally blow things up.

There we have it - great idea Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Sweetums
Janice
Rowlf
Big Bird
Junior (Fraggle Rock)
Kermit
Scooter
Elmo

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
I'm not a "dinner" kinda girl, myself. So I'm probably gonna invite guests that are pretty wild!

-Gonzo- Do I need to explain it? I've always wanted to meet him! I'de make him dance on the table, while balacing a house plant on his nose, twirling a banana on his shoe as he juggles cutlery with his free hands! Woot!
-Kermit- Who wouldn't invite Kermit? He's the MAN!
-Pepe- He could blab out the whole menu with his hilarious accent, okay? He'd pick up a nice conversation with me :smile:
-Miss Piggy- She'd show me a couple of tips on self defence! Yaaaa! I also like the way she embarasses Kermit by snuggling with him..heehee.
-Zoie- The cutest little fluff of orange I've ever seen! I can't resist her! So cute!
-Janice- Yuah, ukay, like, I mean like, things are REALLY gonna be cool once we get to meet Janice! Fer shure!
-Floyd Pepper- I just LOVE the way this guy sings! I'de make him do a gig while we chow! Can you picture that?
-Animal- He'd need a strong leash, but I'm sure he'd have a good time!

Yep yep yep!