If you support Disney owning the Muppets...

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
heh I happen to like Andy but maybe only because I think he's cute.
But oh well I honestly think it has to do with the government and mtv but it's really tv in general.
People have become so lazy and dumb to a point that scares me.:embarrassed:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
mmhmm it's like I say "Sex no longer Sells Stupidity's on Sale Today"
LOL exactly! :smile: That's another HUGE reason why I don't think the Muppets have the place in today's culture the way they used to. Think about it: there was far more smarter humor out there in films and T.V. in the 70s....not like the crap that's on T.V. now

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Nah it's not the government, heh, not directly anyway. It's the Capitalist system, whatever makes more money comes first.

And yeah the Muppets always tried to mirror the current culture, while maintaining its own identity. But these days, the culture has taken a nose dive.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Herald.... I want to give you a huge helping of Getafix's magic potion for that one! Whatever makes money! EXACTLY!

I mean, 2 shows about guessing the lyrics of a song and getting rewarded for doing so? Ugh!

heh I happen to like Andy but maybe only because I think he's cute.
But oh well I honestly think it has to do with the government and mtv but it's really tv in general.
People have become so lazy and dumb to a point that scares me.
First off, I don't get how someone who copied the same sort of humor that came out of napoleon Dynamite can be called original... but that's just me :zany:

As for TV making people stupider....

You are watching Channel DDD.

(No one gets it, but me!)

Or if you prefer, I think it's just like RBTV from the Bullwinkle movie.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

greg (aka GW) has this posted on his MUppet News Flash blog...

There was one question answered by Henson that hinted at an exciting Muppet project and gave a reassuring update on "Power of the Dark Crystal" (which, after several production delays, is now set for release in 2009).

"...All of this is cloaked in secrecy. Actually the Disney team that is working on the Muppets does have a really great project that we can’t talk about. So there is something good coming along, but we can’t tell you. And the same thing is true with 'The Dark Crystal'. Fans of 'The Dark Crystal' did detect that we were moving a little slowly, and it’s kind of true - we had a little setback but are back on track. The movie will not be coming out until 2009 so we’re not going to be showing anything for a while..."

Fans may be excited to hear more hinting at a big Muppet project in the works. Back in June Muppeteer Dave Goelz (with the help of Gonzo) also hinted at "a really cool project" coming sometime in the next year.

:excited:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
hey gang,

greg (aka GW) has this posted on his MUppet News Flash blog...

There was one question answered by Henson that hinted at an exciting Muppet project and gave a reassuring update on "Power of the Dark Crystal" (which, after several production delays, is now set for release in 2009).

"...All of this is cloaked in secrecy. Actually the Disney team that is working on the Muppets does have a really great project that we can’t talk about. So there is something good coming along, but we can’t tell you. And the same thing is true with 'The Dark Crystal'. Fans of 'The Dark Crystal' did detect that we were moving a little slowly, and it’s kind of true - we had a little setback but are back on track. The movie will not be coming out until 2009 so we’re not going to be showing anything for a while..."

Fans may be excited to hear more hinting at a big Muppet project in the works. Back in June Muppeteer Dave Goelz (with the help of Gonzo) also hinted at "a really cool project" coming sometime in the next year.

:excited:
That's what I was talking about a page ago..didn't think to post it though since it wasn't my news and thought GW might want to post it themselves.:wink:

cherrypotion27

Reaction score
Hi everyone! although I can't say I like alot of the Disney-made Muppet stuff so far (in particular MFS), the Muppets do have my full support. I love the Muppets, no matter what!

Patricia/cherrypotion27 :smile: :smile: :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know why our various opinions on Disney should have anything to do with our loyalty to the Muppets. ::shrugs::

Well MFS wasn't Disney, but that does prove my point, that there were problems before Disney. Again, the Muppets are a hard act to repeat. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
We should remember that Jim Henson was selling the Muppets to Disney before he died. I know there was much fall-out after he passed, but he really dug the idea of the Muppets being under the Disney banner. Of course he would have had some say in the projects.

I also feel the Muppets had lost some of their shine before Jim Henson passed away and that the Disney deal was going to help boost them back up.

On another note, I have heard that MFS was plagued with more problems than have been reported. And that was, as stated, Sony (Columbia/Tri-Star). I feel MFS is the perfect example of feeding a project that just isn't working. If Disney is trying to keep that from happening (as I think they might be) than I'll be patient. :smile: