If you support Disney owning the Muppets...

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I'll tell ya: My position is clear.

Listen to the MuppetCast on Sunday to hear what I think Disney needs to do differently!

BJ

MelissaY1

Reaction score
To those of you who still actually support Disney owning the Muppets and do feel optimistic that they ARE working hard to bring them back, please post.

If you're the oppostie, DO NOT REPLY!

After all, pessimism and negative thinking get you nowhere.
And this thread is going to do what? You think Disney really cares one way or the other...I'm confused:confused:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Basically, the thread is for our own benefit to see how many fans support Disney and if we are optimistic.Why do it?-because it is valuable to know what the overall feeling is and how we relate to it.If we start questioning why we have certain threads, then this forum is full of threads and we can go through them all and ask why.WHY is a never ending question!(You can keep asking Why after someone has given an answer to the point where it cannot be explained further)

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, I dont think disney is trying to get rid of the muppets, after all, without them, we would never have gotten the muppet show season 1 and 2. I think they are just unsure of how to approach bringing them back. Since many people nowadays think that the muppets, and puppets in general, are for little babies. If disney was to just throw a new show out into the public, I dont think it would do well. Noticce they are kinda slowly introducing the muppets back? I think they do want to bring them out of the dark, but they just arent sure how to do it

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Yes, starting Elitist threads is such a beneficial thing.
And I support Disney or well at least the Muppets I buy everything they bring out of them so I can't think of any way more that I can support Disney than giving them my hard earned money for the Muppet Merch they bring out.
Also some things they've done have been good some things they have done have been very bad not all things can be happy and full of sunshine it's called life.
I don't mind Disney owning them at all I would rather them treat them like part of the family though than some old nostalgic relic that no one cares about because it's not true when I wear a muppet shirt out in public I get tuns of comments and compliments from people.
Disney should be doing more though they are a huge company there is no excuse for the lack of Muppets in the public eye no one ever got anything done in life by just sitting around doing nothing now did they?
Fans are people they can only take so much before they start discussing their concerns and some times anger of what's become of their beloved characters.
Do I think Disney owning the Muppets is bad? No, I don't.
Do I think the lack of things they're doing is bad? Yes, I do.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Basically, the thread is for our own benefit to see how many fans support Disney and if we are optimistic.Why do it?-because it is valuable to know what the overall feeling is and how we relate to it.If we start questioning why we have certain threads, then this forum is full of threads and we can go through them all and ask why.WHY is a never ending question!(You can keep asking Why after someone has given an answer to the point where it cannot be explained further)
I understand that but we've had threats like this before so it's just rehashing the same topics that have been brought up over and over. It's like the Tim Curry fan group I belong to: we have like 900 threads questioning Tim's sexual preference. Who cares at this point?

But getting back to the Disney/Muppet subject, I think most people are kind of against the Disney ownership. At least the older, longtime Muppet fans around here. I know I much prefer "old school" Muppet projects to ones since Disney took over. With very few exceptions here and there. Let's face it they haven't exactly revived the Muppet franchise, the recent news of them shutting down the 3-D attraction in Disneyland is a real slap in the face....I just don't have high hopes for the future of Disney and Muppets together. :frown: Yeah we got the Muppet Show seasons coming out but look how many cuts were made to the first set. I find it very hard to believe Disney didn't have the money to fork over for copywritten songs. I think they just didn't WANT or CARE to spend it....

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
oh my gosh! why oh WHY do you people keep saying that.. "Muppet Vision 3D at Disneyland is closing". ITS NOT that guy that runs that site IS SOOOOOOOOOO FULL of you know what! :attitude: hes been sayin its closing since 2004! (i'll TRY and find that old news rumor that he had up on his site around that year).

sorry for the rant but i KEEP seeing this on EVERY disney related thread here on the MC boards!

:zany:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
oh my gosh! why oh WHY do you people keep saying that.. "Muppet Vision 3D at Disneyland is closing". ITS NOT that guy that runs that site IS SOOOOOOOOOO FULL of you know what! :attitude: hes been sayin its closing since 2004! (i'll TRY and find that old news rumor that he had up on his site around that year).

sorry for the rant but i KEEP seeing this on EVERY disney related thread here on the MC boards!

:zany:
Well this was the first I'm hearing of it, I'm going by what everyone else has been saying...I would imagine though at some point they would close it though, no?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the clarification! The idea of closing an attracton so beloved by fans and non-fans alike didn't sound right to me, but Disney has made some odd moves in the past. I see Muppet Vision as Jim Henson's "swan song" with the Muppets. I hope it never closes.

I do think that Disney should (and could possibly) give the Muppets an "official" section of the park. It would show Disney's confidence in the Muppets to really brand them (still as Muppets, but) under the Disney banner. I haven't really felt that yet.

Still wondering if there really is much of a mystery project with them and if so, what it is?