1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

If you support Disney owning the Muppets...

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Philip Kippel, Sep 6, 2007.

1. To those of you who still actually support Disney owning the Muppets and do feel optimistic that they ARE working hard to bring them back, please post.

If you're the oppostie, DO NOT REPLY!

After all, pessimism and negative thinking get you nowhere.
  2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

They have my support.While some think Disney are doing nothing, they are working hard to get new entertainment behind the scenes.Some Fans are getting delusional in thinking that Disney want to quash the Muppets.To those, wake up and think about what you are thinking.Just because Disney have had second thoughts about how viable a Muppet project is, it is abserd to think that they want to sabatarge the Muppets.They are a busy Organisation and wouldnt waste their time doing childish games.
  3. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I for one certainly support the muppets, and if anyone wants to try and prevent me from supporting the muppets, BRING IT ON!
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I feel the Muppets were played as pawns in an internal Disney Co. polical war (a war that had absolutely nothing to do with the Muppets). It appears that some at Disney wanted to axe most of Eisner's ideas - for better or for worse. Now that is over, it will be interesting to see what is will happen.

Dave Goelz expressed excitement in the Muppets being on and part of the Disney lot so I'll follow that excitement! :concern:

I am unhappy with the closing of California's Muppetvision, but lets face it - it was unlikely that I'd ever go. I'm not much for crowded theme parks (just a personality trait of mine) and I caught most of the show (except the 3D-ness) on You Tube.

I do see the concern of some fans with the Muppets being promoted with flavor-of-the-month Disney Channel "stars" but hey, at least they are out there and to an audience that may not have been exposed to the characters the way we have.

I remember sitting on a plane next to a (very talkative) girl several years ago. She had no idea who Kermit was. I know, product of bad parenting or something, but i was freaked. A world without Kermit? :) No way. So, long story short - if this new Disney Channel Muppet "mini movie ads" is going to help that, I'm for it! :flirt:
  5. Java

Java Active Member

Henson was working on a deal with Disney when he passed away.

Disney has only owned the Muppets since 2004.

There have been many internal shake ups squelshing all types of projects at Disney - not just Muppet things.

Disney wants to bring back quality work that they are known for.

All of these add up to the fact that we can't judge Disney yet and we have to give them time. Many good things have come and we just need to be patient to see what they will bring us now.

After all, we are getting TMS on DVD.
  6. They're not closing DCA's Muppet-Vision. Don't listen to Al Lutz's lies!
  7. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I will support the Muppets until the end of my days, no matter what company their owned by. The Muppets have survived for over fifty years, and will, I think, go on forever. The Muppets are timeless, and as long is Kermit can still make appearances to roaring applause, I'm all for it.
  8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I support the Muppets, and Disney's ownership of them. Whatever Disney decides to do with them, and whatever direction they take. I will, of course, follow. I may not agree with all of their character desions (and decisions related to characters and story-arcs are perhaps the most important) but I will be there with my friends writing Fan-Fic and getting Kermit and Piggy back together in anyway that we can.

I think that Disney are doing the right thing in not rushing, and I beleive that big things are in store.
  9. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

What's the point of your posting this?
  10. Blinky_Fish

Blinky_Fish Member

I am for the Ownership - But the direction has me confused. There have been too many hands in the cookie jar so to speak. It's just not fair to let them sit mothballed - My son loves the Muppets and Sesame street. Every new baby brought into this world that I know gets a stuffed Kermit from me. I think that progress is progress, but there is a thing called window of opertunity - Disney is missing many, Many windows.50th Anniversary was a washout - we need to Keep positive, but there are limits. Happily, they are releasing the MS DVD's and that is a great intro to our world. But - it only works if you promote it.
  11. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

I'll tell ya: My position is clear.

Listen to the MuppetCast on Sunday to hear what I think Disney needs to do differently!

BJ
  12. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

And this thread is going to do what? You think Disney really cares one way or the other...I'm confused:confused:
  13. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Basically, the thread is for our own benefit to see how many fans support Disney and if we are optimistic.Why do it?-because it is valuable to know what the overall feeling is and how we relate to it.If we start questioning why we have certain threads, then this forum is full of threads and we can go through them all and ask why.WHY is a never ending question!(You can keep asking Why after someone has given an answer to the point where it cannot be explained further)
  14. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Well, I dont think disney is trying to get rid of the muppets, after all, without them, we would never have gotten the muppet show season 1 and 2. I think they are just unsure of how to approach bringing them back. Since many people nowadays think that the muppets, and puppets in general, are for little babies. If disney was to just throw a new show out into the public, I dont think it would do well. Noticce they are kinda slowly introducing the muppets back? I think they do want to bring them out of the dark, but they just arent sure how to do it
  15. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

Yes, starting Elitist threads is such a beneficial thing.
    And I support Disney or well at least the Muppets I buy everything they bring out of them so I can't think of any way more that I can support Disney than giving them my hard earned money for the Muppet Merch they bring out.
    Also some things they've done have been good some things they have done have been very bad not all things can be happy and full of sunshine it's called life.
    I don't mind Disney owning them at all I would rather them treat them like part of the family though than some old nostalgic relic that no one cares about because it's not true when I wear a muppet shirt out in public I get tuns of comments and compliments from people.
    Disney should be doing more though they are a huge company there is no excuse for the lack of Muppets in the public eye no one ever got anything done in life by just sitting around doing nothing now did they?
    Fans are people they can only take so much before they start discussing their concerns and some times anger of what's become of their beloved characters.
    Do I think Disney owning the Muppets is bad? No, I don't.
    Do I think the lack of things they're doing is bad? Yes, I do.
  16. MelissaY1

I understand that but we've had threats like this before so it's just rehashing the same topics that have been brought up over and over. It's like the Tim Curry fan group I belong to: we have like 900 threads questioning Tim's sexual preference. Who cares at this point?

But getting back to the Disney/Muppet subject, I think most people are kind of against the Disney ownership. At least the older, longtime Muppet fans around here. I know I much prefer "old school" Muppet projects to ones since Disney took over. With very few exceptions here and there. Let's face it they haven't exactly revived the Muppet franchise, the recent news of them shutting down the 3-D attraction in Disneyland is a real slap in the face....I just don't have high hopes for the future of Disney and Muppets together. :( Yeah we got the Muppet Show seasons coming out but look how many cuts were made to the first set. I find it very hard to believe Disney didn't have the money to fork over for copywritten songs. I think they just didn't WANT or CARE to spend it....
  17. MelissaY1

Thank you!
  18. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

oh my gosh! why oh WHY do you people keep saying that.. "Muppet Vision 3D at Disneyland is closing". ITS NOT that guy that runs that site IS SOOOOOOOOOO FULL of you know what! :attitude: hes been sayin its closing since 2004! (i'll TRY and find that old news rumor that he had up on his site around that year).

sorry for the rant but i KEEP seeing this on EVERY disney related thread here on the MC boards!

:zany:
  19. MelissaY1

Well this was the first I'm hearing of it, I'm going by what everyone else has been saying...I would imagine though at some point they would close it though, no?
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thank you for the clarification! The idea of closing an attracton so beloved by fans and non-fans alike didn't sound right to me, but Disney has made some odd moves in the past. I see Muppet Vision as Jim Henson's "swan song" with the Muppets. I hope it never closes.

I do think that Disney should (and could possibly) give the Muppets an "official" section of the park. It would show Disney's confidence in the Muppets to really brand them (still as Muppets, but) under the Disney banner. I haven't really felt that yet.

Still wondering if there really is much of a mystery project with them and if so, what it is?