If there were a video game...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why is it that all Muppet video games are made out of minigames? (well, most of them anyway)...

Muppet Cruise Party, License to Croak... and it goes all the way back to Chaos at the Carnival, and even Atari 2600 Pigs in Space....

But I think something between an RPG (more allong the lines of something like Maniac Mansion or Sam and Max than Zelda or Final Fantasy) and minigames would work well.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Likewise. And no doubt, it would sell well.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Final Fantasy FR :confused:
Not the fighting part of course, but..just thinking of all the magical detail they could go into with the rock :O...
I think a cross between Fable and Harvest Moon would be nice for FR :3

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Why is it that all Muppet video games are made out of minigames? (well, most of them anyway)...

Muppet Cruise Party, License to Croak... and it goes all the way back to Chaos at the Carnival, and even Atari 2600 Pigs in Space....

But I think something between an RPG (more allong the lines of something like Maniac Mansion or Sam and Max than Zelda or Final Fantasy) and minigames would work well.
I suspect a writing phobia, to be quite honest. Mini-games, while fun and appropriate for lil' ones and casual gamers, don't require a whole lot of what I like to call "thought".

EDIT: I'm also torn between making it cel-shaded and "realistic". Maybe there could be both options, for the player's preference. Any cut-scenes should be knock-down gorgeous as a requirement. However, there should also be lots of good detail in the playable parts as well. Atmosphere would be very important.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
"Magic" would be a great finale to the game, as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd love a Fraggle Rock game... as long as you don't have to get ye flask....

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ *snort* And then you'll spend all day wondering why you couldn't get ye flask (am I the only one thinking about Strong Bad here? :wink:).

I think the game should focus almost totally on adventure - the mini games could be a side thing you'd do to take a break.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
For the console games, I'd keep the mini-games as fun side activities, though initially (before the plot actually starts), they'd serve to help get a feel for the atmosphere and controls.