If the Electric Mayhem...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
What if Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem were covering today's "music". I put music in quotations because I don't think too highly about today's music.

Could you imagine Janice singing "Womanizer" by Britney Spears or "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga. (I kind of like Poker Face though)How about Floyd, Dr.Teeth, or Zoot singing "Lollipop" by Lil Wayne, or Lips singing something by the Jonas Brothers?

How would you react? Would you except it, knowing the muppets are trying to be excepted by today's people? Or would you think the muppets have sold their soul and are nastier than the trash Oscar the grouch sleeps in at night?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Well the Electric Mayhem did sing back up to Miley Cyrus. So they could lower their standards even more.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Lips and Zoot hardly ever sing or even speak so I wouldn't expect much out of them. :cool:

I can see and hear Teeth, Janice, Floyd and Animal singing covers of current music tempered with some classic rock in the mix. Personally, I'd rather see the Mayhem play with the White Stripes, Foo Fighters, the Killers or another legit popular music group instead of tween-pop. :flirt:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can see and hear Teeth, Janice, Floyd and Animal singing covers of current music tempered with some classic rock in the mix. Personally, I'd rather see the Mayhem play with the White Stripes, Foo Fighters, the Killers or another legit popular music group instead of tween-pop. :flirt:
...or rap. Not so much any thoughts I have about Rap, but it would be completely out of character for a Hard Rock/70's style classic rock/Jazz band to play rap. There isn't all that current music I'd see them playing... a lot of it is far too quiet.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Janice singing Poker Face, there's a nice thought..... :shifty::flirt::wink:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Lips and Zoot hardly ever sing or even speak so I wouldn't expect much out of them. :cool:
Well it was hypothetical scenario if they did. :wink:

Janice singing Poker Face, there's a nice thought
Yeah and she has a whole buch of muscular men in the background dancing too. Certainly would draw Miss Piggy's attention.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Yeah and she has a whole buch of muscular men in the background dancing too. Certainly would draw Miss Piggy's attention.
For some reason though, recently although this is off-topic I think if we ever get a new TMS, for real then to keep up with times it might be interesting to turn the chickens singing baby face into the chickens singing poker face. Its new, it's hip (lol), if any of the other main muppet women don't end up singing it themselves anyway, if there is a new TMS then it probably won't be out for a while ago, as the rumours go that if new muppet movie is succesful, then there might just be a shining gold door to a new TMS, but Poker Face probably won't be popular then.:stick_out_tongue:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Janice singing Poker Face, there's a nice thought..... :shifty::flirt::wink:
OMG SO out of character.... you might as well take the REAL Janice Joplin and ask her to sing Poker Face. x_x It just doesn't fit.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
To me, it depends on the song. I listen to almost everything from the 50's to modern music, but I don't like rap/hip-hop or disco.

In my opinion I think it would be EXTREMELY cool if they did songs from the musical "Wicked" or maybe some 80's music like "Total Eclipse of the Heart" or "Take on Me" or even "Every Breath You Take"