If Kermit was ever brought back, only this time as a main charachter in street plots

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
I have a question. What if Kermit was brought back to SS, only this time, he was seen in the main storylines of the show, like Telly, Baby Bear, Zoe, and Elmo. What kind of story or plot would you like to see focusing on Kermit. I think a few cools ideas would be:

There's a dance party coming soon on Sesame Street, and Kermit is embarassed by the fact that he can't dance. But doesn't want to tell anybody. With help from Gabi, Miles, Zoe, and Rosita, they teach him some new dance moves, and he learns how to dance, and is now actually looking forward to dancing at the party.

Kermit goes into Hooper's Store and orders a bowl of Porridge. Baby Bear comes in a few seconds later telling Alan that he'll have the usual. Alan tells him he's sorry to say that Kermit just ordered the last bowl of Porridge. Baby Bear is upset, and Kermit feels really bad. Alan asks him if he'd like to try something else, and Baby Bear refuses any of Alan's offers. He then yells at Kermit and says if it wasn't for him, he would have his porridge. Baby Bear walks over by Oscar's can and is still very angry. When Oscar sees how angry he is, he is delighted and tells Baby Bear "Keep up the good work kid" he tells Oscar about what happened with Kermit, and Oscar tells him he eats something different for Breakfast every day. He explains how sometimes he'll have Scrambled Eggs with anchovies and Maple Syrup, or Cereal with pickle juice, or Pancakes with Mustard and Ketchup. Baby Bear tells Oscar to stop talking about those things, and runs away from his can. He then runs into Kermit again, and Kermit apologizes for ordering the last bowl of porridge, and that he didn't do it on purpose. He then offers to take Baby Bear down the street to a diner he knows of, so Baby Bear can have a bowl of Porridge. Baby Bear tells Kermit thanks for the offer, but he will go to Hooper's and try something new. Mabye some eggs and toast. Kermit tells him he's happy that theyr'e friends again, and that he's learning to try new things.

Who else can think up some good storylines involving Kermit?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It would've been nice to see Kermit report for Sesame Street News on that "National Try a New Food Day" episode instead of Telly for Monster on the Spot.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't really think either of those ideas are right for Kermit. Of course, there's no reason why Kermit shouldn't like porridge, but I feel like that idea is a bit odd. Kermit isn't a child, and shouldn't really have child problems.

The dancing idea is a bit good, but he has danced before in the past (though there are times when he's mentioned that he can't dance, eityher contradicting past events or making excuses).

I think that if Kermit was a major street character, he would either help the other characters with problems that they have, or would appear as a reporter whenever appropiate. But Kermit rarely appeared on the street (I guess due to Jim Henson's limited availability), even after Steve Whitmire started performing Ernie as a major street character (and Ernie started making regular street appearances at least a year before Henson sold the Sesame Street characters).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That would be awsone to see him back on the show again. And even more awsome to see him on the street!

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
Wow dude. You really do need to get a life. How dare you call my ideas with Kermit "Odd" and I didn't make it so Kermit had "child" problems. If you had any brians in your head at all, you would see that it was Baby Bear who had the child problem, getting angry with Kermit and having a hard time with change and trying new things. And who really cares if Kermit has "danced" before? It's not like Sesame Street has ALWAYS been consistent with continuity. You really like to ruin people's posts don't you? Do me a favor? From now on do not respond to any of my posts unless your'e gonna say something positive and encouraging. I told you about this once before. This time try listening.

wiley207

Reaction score
Kermit on the street's a cool idea.

I also think a good idea that they could make more new Sesame Street News skits, but in a newer style. It would start on the regular "NEWS FLASH" logo (complete with music and announcer), but then it would fade to Kermit at a desk as a main anchorman! He would also have reporters Telly and Prairie Dawn working for him. And of course, they would begin with Kermit talking to someone off-camera before he notices he's on.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I think if Kermit were brought back, it should be in his original role ("Sesame Street" reporter; lectures with monsters, etc.). I think that might work a little better. Though I could maybe see Telly, Zoe or Baby Bear assisting with lectures or stuff like that. After all, he's done it with Elmo a few times.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
While I have a love for all the Sesame Street characters, Kermit's always particularly been one of my favorites. I think his involvement is one reason why I love "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" so much (though certainly not the only reason!)
It'd be great to have Kermit back on Sesame Street. I haven't seen one of the newer episodes in a while though, so I'm not sure how Kermit would fit in the cookie cutter format. I guess more "organization" isn't bad necessarily...but I kinda get tired of the various segments that section off different characters- it's great to know that we're definitely going to see The Count, Grover, Cookie Monster and Elmo in their own segments, but sometimes that cuts down on their interacting with the other characters on the street. Okay, well I don't need to get off on that issue.
Anyway, let's assume Kermit would show up on the Street or in future segments. Obviously I'd love to see the Sesame Street News Flashes return- in fact, they could even be a staple part of Elmo's World, since Elmo regularly watches the "So and So" Channel for whatever he's discussing that day- why not have Kermit on there giving a report on the topic of the day?
That would definitely give me a reason to watch the current Sesame Street episodes all the way through the end- and I might even look forward to the Elmo's World segments (which tend to be my least favorite-because of the setup, not necessarily because of Elmo)
I think Kermit's always been viewed as more of an adult character, so he could certainly be around on the Street giving advice to some of the younger ones- both human kids and Muppets like Telly, Elmo, Zoe and Baby Bear- and I guess now Abby Cadabby. Does Herry still show up?
I'm sure if they wanted to, they could write stories with Kermit as the main focus in the Street story. Maybe it's someone's birthday- Grover, for example- and perhaps he's nervous about getting older. While Grover's surprise birthday party is being set up, perhaps Kermit takes Grover aside to comfort him about getting older and explain about a frog's life cycle and how leaving the pollywog is tough, but in the end it's the best move for a tadpole.
I'm sure there's lots of other possibilities out there.
And of course, it'd be great to see some more Kermit lectures- he's always done well with Cookie Monster and Grover and The Count before. It'd be good to see Kermit with some other characters that he hasn't always worked with before- which would mainly be newer characters like Baby Bear, Zoe and Abby- but maybe also some older and classic characters that you just never saw with Kermit much- like Oscar, Big Bird, Snuffy or maybe some human characters like Gordon or Luis or Alan. (Though it seems that you never see the human characters much in lectures at "the wall"- but it could be done.)
Also it'd be pretty funny to see Kermit and the Two-Headed Monster together.
Who knows? It's fun to imagine...:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For some reason I thought that somebody else had started this thread. Anyway, for the last few years, I had thought that while Kermit works as the star of the Muppet universe, and while most of his Sesame Street sketches are the best, I felt like Kermit wouldn't work as well as a main Sesame Street character. He works well starring in his own skits, and he works well as host of The Muppet Show and star of the movies, but I'm not sure about Sesame Street. He did work as a main character in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, though his role was more of that of a supporting role. He was invovled with the main plot, but didn't have his own subplot or running gag, and was only in four scenes (two of which his presence was a bit small in). I just don't know how well he would work as the star in a main street story. A supporting character, yeah, but I don't know about having a starring role.

And I wasn't intentionally trying to ruin your post. I have been thinking about this all day. I have seen posts where other people mentioned ideas that they have had which other people didn't like. Heck, this has happened to me before. I've seen negative comments about some of my fan fictions. And while I didn't feel too sold on your ideas, other people seemed to like them. Isn't that what really matters?

However, for the last few years, I thought it would be cool for an Elmo's World segment to be about frogs, and have Kermit make an appearance. And so far there hasn't been an Elmo's World: Frogs segment. But there are so many ways that Kermit could be used, if Sesame Workshop was willing to pay Disney for use of Kermit, and if Disney was willing to allow Kermit make a new appearance. Maybe in the sequence where Elmo asks questions about frogs, he could say "Do frogs report for the news?", and then the kids could say "No... Unless the frog is Kermit". Or maybe "Can frogs ride bicycles?", with Kermit being the exception. Or Kermit could appear at the beginning, when Elmo opens the door to reveal what he is thinking about today. Or Kermit could come to Elmo's World so that Elmo could talk to a frog. Maybe also play the banjo when Elmo sings "The Frog Song".

But just because I don't have the same opinions as you on your thoughts doesn't mean that I'm trying to argue or ruin your thread. You have started a lot of great threads. You sort of remind me of myself when I first joined this forum. I am starting to sort of feel like Homestar Runner, who has a bit of an unintended mean streak (if you've never seen or heard of Homestar Runner, check out www.homestarrunner.com).

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
Sorry for getting so defensive. I can see what you mean about how it would seem impratical for :smile: to return to SS as one of the main street charachters. But I do think it would be nice to see him in a street story, once in a great while like they used to do with charachters like Sherlock Hemlock, and Don Music. I'm pretty sure Kermit used to appear in storylines back in the 70's. I read through some old posts and a member by the name of Gee Bee mentioned that once in an early 70's episode there was an episode about Kermit being sick and Susan took care of him. Also he was seen in the first episode in Susan and Gordon's apartment, and in the 3rd Season Premire playing 3 of these things with Kermit. Also the 4th Season Premire during the first street scene during the cast alphabet, when he said "K is for Kermit". It's hard to say exactly how many on the street appearances he made altogether in the 70's since we don't have access to all of the shows from that time. But I understand how Kermit probably wouldn't work well as a "street regular" but mabye a once in a great while street charachter. Sorry for being rude MinorMuppetz.