If Disney bought the Muppets, they would be on TV

Kye

Reaction score
remember that eisner worked with Jim on the very first muppet special in the 60's. I have heard rumors that fraggle rock would have a new life on the disney channel lineup...that would be enough for me to legally pay for cable!:halo:

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock, The Secert Life Of Toys, and various other Muppet program did air on the Disney channel when Disney and Henson were first in merger talks way back in 1989 and 1990.

I am willing to bet that Disney will put Fraggle Rock and the Muppet Babies on Playhouse Disney.

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bean Bunny
[B}
I am willing to bet that Disney will put Fraggle Rock and the Muppet Babies on Playhouse Disney. [/B]

Yeah!!! did-doh on that one Bean!:smile: :smile: :big_grin: :wink:

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
remember that eisner worked with Jim on the very first muppet special in the 60's.
Yeah ... and he was also great friends with Frank Wells; and look what he's done to the company now that Wells is dead. He's even in the outs with Roy Disney these days.

I'm sorry, but two muppet series on TDC won't be enough to make me watch the station again. TDC just makes me so angry these days; I cannot stand it and actually force my sister to switch the channel if she's watching it while I'm in the room.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I know exactly what you mean, Trekkie. I watch "Boy Meets World" and "Sister, Sister" on TDC, but they tend to keep playing the same eps over and over again. Also, their commercial breaks are way too long.

However, if they do start to air TMS or MT! I'd definately watch. The other day, I've read the outlines of all the "Muppets Tonight!" episodes online and I kept thinking, "Man, I wish I could watch some of these." I do remember most of the eps they showed on ABC. But a lot of episodes I haven't seen, since they switched networks. That really sucks, because at the time I didn't have the Disney Channel.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by BoyRaisin2
IF (if if if) Disney were to buy Henson, I'd imagine (of course I don't know) a lot of the stuff could be played on ABC Family.
That is a possibility. They've already played Muppets Take Manhattan twice on ABC Family that I've seen. And if it means bumping off some shows like S Club 7, or else the reruns/extended versions of shows like "The Bachelor" that ABC Family keeps insisting on airing, hey I'm all for it.

-Kim

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I've read somewhere that ABC Family was going to start showing "Dinosaurs," but I don't think that there are any oficial plans of this.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Wish they could just play it now, since Disney actually owns the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
I know exactly what you mean, Trekkie. I watch "Boy Meets World" and "Sister, Sister" on TDC, but they tend to keep playing the same eps over and over again. Also, their commercial breaks are way too long.
Of course, that's understandable since the show both 9 times a day.....

Face it, Disney is callously selling out to the tweenaged market of teeny bopper girls. Take Radio Disney for example.. I used to actually listen to it because it played MY music... cartoon music, theme songs, Weird Al Yankovic even the Muppets (I think?)... but then, look at it now... all Nsync, and that awful 10-12 year old test group crap. Toon Disney is just a reandom barrage of Tween shows. I don't mind (and I like) Doug, Teacher's Pet, and Pepper Ann, but then they run junk like Sabrina the Animated series... ICK... YUCK!!! BLEECH!!! Where's my Ducktales? Where's My Darkwing Duck? Where's my Talespin? This is why I don't have cable!!!

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
However, if they do start to air TMS or MT! I'd definately watch. The other day, I've read the outlines of all the "Muppets Tonight!" episodes online and I kept thinking, "Man, I wish I could watch some of these." I do remember most of the eps they showed on ABC. But a lot of episodes I haven't seen, since they switched networks. That really sucks, because at the time I didn't have the Disney Channel.
Well... ABC family is too buisy running reruns of 7th Heaven (that's rerun for free in syndication) and their loser Tuesday sitcoms. Not to mention ad nauseum AFV reruns!!! It's like either a 5 year old is the programming director, or they don't care!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
If we could only go back to the days when DC played "My Little Pony Tales."

Don't look at me.