If Disney bought the Muppets, they would be on TV

Barry Lee

Reaction score
RighT! It would be cool to have muppet show on and maybe even specials!
from
BARRY LEE

MrsKalabash

Reaction score
Re: If disney bought the muppets the muppets will be on disney channel....

Originally posted by Pigs in Space
RighT! It would be cool to have muppet show on and maybe even specials!
from
BARRY LEE
That's one reason Disney is the best chance the Muppets have for a revival IMO.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I would love nothing more than to see (and record) the classic Muppet/Henson specials, particularly the rarely seen (understandably) Disney World one.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
But remember ... TDC doesn't care about any of their old theme park specials now :frown:

God, I miss Frank Wells. Forget Eisner

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Get off Eisner's back. Until 2000 or 2001, the company was doing pretty good, whether it be Eisner's CEO status, Wells' (rest his soul) President status, etc. I even called Disney a while back, asking about the Henson merger of 1990, and a woman said, once relations were strained after Jim's death, that some anger was pointed toward Frank Wells for whatever reason. And of course, Eisner, who is No. 1, has probably done "things" as well. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but it's all Eisner's (and Iger's I guess) responsibility and he needs to deal with it. This has nothing to do with anything, sooo...forget it.

Except for the movies and possibly Henson's vast library of preschool shows, I really couldn't see (though it is possible) a bunch of Muppet shows and specials on Disney Channel. It just simply wouldn't fit, though it is possible. IF (if if if) Disney were to buy Henson, I'd imagine (of course I don't know) a lot of the stuff could be played on ABC Family.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Eisner has made many mistakes (Mostly out of greed & ego) and the company is now paying for them. I have said for years that his actions (ie egoccentric/seemingly non-sensical purchases)would backfire in the long-term, and now they are

It was obvious to almost everyone but him

stgebaby

Reaction score
eisner

if disney does get the muppets, they will be shells of their former selves. look at the disney channel, it used to be cool, now it is all reruns and nickelodeon type shows. i have to say that eisner (whatever personal feelings i have for him) did some good things to turn the company around when it needed it. however, he is no longer helping the company. all disney is putting out is sequels. even pixar doesn't want to work with them anymore. it is just time that eisner steps down. let some new blood into the decsion making process.

Luke

Reaction score
Yup, and Disney aren't very well going to put the Muppets infront of Mickey and Co either are they, we learn't that at the time the Disney/Henson films came out. Still, i'm sure there will be some good things coming out of it.

camax

Reaction score
It sounds feasable to me that the Disney Channel would play the Muppet movies as part of their evening fare, but it excited me when someone mentioned the ABC Family Channel would be the perfect place for The Muppet Show reruns, because it WOULD! Oh for Fraggle Rock and Muppets Tonight reruns too.... :flirt:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
The Disney Channel has recently arrived to Denmark. And they have shown MTI already, of course it's a disney produktion.
I really hope, IF Disney take control of Henson, that they will show some more Henson produktions.
Theres just to few of them on the other danish channels :cry: