IDW to publish CN comics

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really hope this doesn't affect Boom's Adventure Time and Regular Show lines...

but They plan to print new comics based on older properties.

Disney can learn a thing or two from this. While Warner Bros owns all those cartoons and DC comics, DC is not the one publishing them. Meanwhile, Marvel refuses to print Disney comics on any level, except for some sad little film adaptions from time to time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
First of all, Ben 10 isn't a "Cartoon Network Classic". Second of all, I have NEVER heard of this Generation Rex, what the heck is that? And third, no mention of Courage the Cowardly Dog or Ed, Edd n Eddy (or even Cow and Chicken), so I'm not interested.

Drtooth

Reaction score
First of all, Ben 10 isn't a "Cartoon Network Classic".
It's an action show that has a respectable following. I see nothing wrong with a popular series having a comic book adaption. Most popular cartoon shows had some comic book follow up at some point.

Second of all, I have NEVER heard of this Generation Rex, what the heck is that?
Didn't do too well. CN kinda screwed that one since the toy line was once again over priced and under quality.

And third, no mention of Courage the Cowardly Dog or Ed, Edd n Eddy (or even Cow and Chicken), so I'm not interested.

Ahem... the article says "and more." There's hope for those yet. But as someone who read a lot of the EEE comic stories, the humor's barely the same in comic form.

It actually has a vague report on these comics. No word on if they'll be all separate comics or if certain comics will be anthology series like the Cartoon Cartoon and Cartoon Network presents line.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Foster's isn't a CN classic either; it started right after the classic era of CN ended.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It is counted as one. I'm sure that every CN show will be under consideration if they do another anthology/compilation series like the last 2 CN comic book titles. Of course, we've heard less than nothing yet except for license acquisition and barest of plans.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Dude...I think you are confusing what they mean by "classic." Seems to me like they are using it to refer to any CN show currently not being produced, rather than what fits into your definition of "classic" :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know what you're talking about. But for all extensive marketing purposes, anything up to and including Chowder and Flapjack are "classic" CN Cartoon Cartoons. Adventure Time, Mad, and Regular Show aren't Cartoon Cartoons, but rather "Cartoon Network Originals."

So, sadly, by that logic, they count that Monkey Gym thing as a "classic" due only to license branding.

I somehow see them either doing a Cartoon Cartoons and Action Cartoons anthology series or stand alones for Ben 10 and Powerpuff Girls and 2 other compilation/anthology series for Action and Cartoon Cartoons.

But what I hope to see is CN comics getting in on IDW's annual across the board crossover that brings together most of their popular lines. Like Infestations 1 and 2 (zombies and Lovecraftian monsters respectively) and Mars Attacks. I LOVED Mars Attacks Popeye, Ghostbusters, and Transformers (that was the best one... absolutely)... I was very disappointed they didn't do Mars Attacks TMNT or Mars Attacks MLP:FIM... I'd actually pick that one up.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
these sound quite promising might have to delive into buying some of these when they come out though the question is space ghost coast to coast a classic CN show i hope so a comic about that might be funny

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hate the fact that I missed most of the Space Ghost comics because they sold out before I could get them most of the time. Unfortunately, SG fell out of Vouge quite some time ago. There's still some good stuff on adult Swim, but it's hardly as fun as the HB cartoon parodies they used to have. I'd LOVE to see a Harvey Birdman comic at some point. Or better... Venture Bros. Why that isn't a comic yet is beyond me.